Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 10:50 AM

Default Re: MY $11s...comments?

[ QUOTE ]
2-300 games is nowhere near enough to tell you what your winrate is.

I just had 200 SNGs at 40%, then broke even for 150. thats real.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what maybe after 1000 or so? I know its got to be alot to make sure im a winning player but I like to know if im playing correctly on the journey
Old 06-08-2005, 11:22 AM

Default Re: MY $11s...comments?

That's fairly accurate about the number of games. Statistically speaking - and I'm sure I'll get jumped here, there's not a huge difference in sample size from 350 to 1000 in terms of gauging your play.

One of the things I think people get caught up in is the number of games played for statistical significance. There are people who play 12 games at the same time, so they can amass massive numbers of SNGs and then cry about how their ROI is like 6-12%. I don't know if they are robots or what, but playing 3 games at the same time to me at least, is doable and I can play well. 12 games? I don't know, but I know that my ROI would have to go down from doing that much stuff, plus my wife would kick me out of the house, which would certainly put a damper on my ROI to say the least.

Its certainly possible to have a break even for 150 games. I break out my SNGs by 100s as well to see the variance. I actually did much better my first 100, with a sick ROI of like 60% because I won a lot of them. It has come off considerably, but I feel at the $5.50 and $11 level, an ROI of 30-35% is doable over the long-term.

I don't know how skillful Voltron is, so I can't comment on that. I still say the key is your comfort level with your skills and your bankroll size. The rest is noise to a certain extent.