Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2005, 09:48 PM

Default Re: Commerce 40-80 hand

If he's got Khx his bet on the Turn has me puzzled. He checks the flop because of a weak kicker but bets the Turn after an Ace hits, into a bunch of limpers who likely limp with any Ace and with suited cards that may have made a flush who are going to Raise him so his cost to draw to the Nut Flush becomes 2 or even 3 Big Bets in a small pot? This the same guy who checked TOP pair on the flop? I don't know. Maybe.

Surely if he had Kx suited in hearts he would have bet the flop. But then maybe not.

Makes sense to me that he played something like Th9h, bet the turn when he made his flush and bet the river with the intention of folding to a raise.

PairTheBoard
Old 06-07-2005, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont like the call on the turn, and i dont know how anyone can rule out the guy having the king of hearts. people certainly think differently than me.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you can take that to the bank.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:03 PM

The Th9h argument makes most sense to me at the moment. If he had the Kh, I feel like he bet the wrong street to begin with.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:31 PM

I'm thinking it might make sense for him to bet an even smaller flush on the River. Suppose he made a 7 high flush. If betting a Ten high Flush has chances of getting a Qh to fold, betting a 7 high has even better chances of getting an 8 or 9 to fold. It's amazing how often in a loose game, nobody has a Great card in the 4 flush suit even with so many people at the river.

Certainly the River has to be called by OP but I think the discomfort in calling the River points out the iffy nature of the Turn call.

PairTheBoard
Old 06-07-2005, 10:45 PM

Default Re: I . . .

I never said that either. I am talking about a cold call on the turn. In my opinion a call is the worst play possible.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:47 PM

So you would call the turn, stand a chance of a raise behind you, then the original bet might reraise. So here all Andy can do is pitch his cards into the muck, unless you think it is a good idea to cold call another $160 here.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:54 PM

He is getting 3-1 on his money when he makes that call. Even with 12 outs, I will give him the flush if he hits it, the pot is just about laying him the odds he needs to call with no more action. If he is in late position I can see an over call but he is second to act with 3 or 4 players behind him. Thats not an over call when the person is second to act AND 4 PLAYERS ARE STILL WAITING TO ACT BEHIND HIM. What does he do if there is a raise or a reraise by the time it gets back to him? He folds, well most would a drawing hand there. So your overcall response makes no sense. He is not getting good enough odds from the pot to make a "overcall" in such bad postion with the WHOLE field of plaers still waiting to act behind him. But please, do me a favor, KEEP MAKING YOUR OVERCALLS.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:18 PM

have you played the commerce 40-80?

it's a bunch of passive fish, no one raises the turn with draws

even the loose aggressives are only LAGs preflop

you've been lurking for 2 years, and this is where you decided to pop up?
please go back to lurking
Old 06-07-2005, 11:25 PM

So if it is a bunch of passive fish, why couldn't one of the limpers have check the K on the flop?
Old 06-08-2005, 01:05 AM

Default Re: I . . .

No bet on the flop which was K-x-y. Why wouldn't someone with a king not bet it?