Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2005, 04:53 PM

Default Re: 4 hands that I liked to have reviewed

[ QUOTE ]

#3. I push PF at the 10s. You will be amazed what crap will come along for the ride.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a clear push at any level. Assuming even stacks of 4,000 someone who pushes every hand will at worst win 47%. Any hand with a king is better than this. Also, most players tend to fold too much heads up making this even more profitable. There was a good thread on this if someone cares to search for it.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:55 PM

1. if i didnt bet the flop, i for sure bet the turn. that board *helps* you as now he may fold 2nd/3rd button
2.i fold flop.
3. flop t815 hero stack t 520, get your money in, if they have king, type "gg" and sleep well.
4. limping button just asking for anal insertion. this hand was SOOOOOO easy to play until you limped, then it got REAL hard. I'll qualify this by saying in advance i dont reall mean it, but :
"i hope you lost"

Heh. Thats my lines for the hands anyways, not guarenteed right, but its what i would do.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:55 PM

These are 8 tabled 33's.

1. Didn't want to face a checkraise or call on the turn but probably should have bet anyway.
2. I put my opponent on overcards, if you know thats the case then how is it wrong to call with any two.
3. Opponents hands were JJ and AK based on their play preflop and post flop they didn't want to play for all their chips preflop.
4. Screw the limp which was bad but does someone generally play a weak top pair or a draw and how do you react if you have an overpair
Old 06-07-2005, 05:00 PM

I push 80% of the hands I play (at least) 5 handed on down so pushing is not a problem. But I feel headsup if I can throw in a limp, a minraise in with some other stuff it won't become a giant coinflip extravaganza for 60$. We agree on Hand 3 it looks like preflop and hand 4 we both have 1500-2000 out of maybe 5 pople left
Old 06-07-2005, 05:03 PM

1. yeah should have bet turn
2. If you knew your opponents hand would you still fold
3. Check and gaining information is important sometimes
4. 250 raise would have gotten 150 chips and no more. I could have gotten maybe another 300 chips if I played the hand correctly postflop
Old 06-07-2005, 05:10 PM

Not sure why you want to "play poker" with both you and villain right around 10 BB on hand #1. Not much room for poker.

I answered push for the 1st 3. Everyone else seems to think raise. Is there any particular reason, or does my HU game need modification from push almost everything in SB.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:13 PM

I've found that pushing all the time (which I used to do) gives you fewer options.

Raising up to 3x or 4x the BB will get the folds and steal blinds. If the blinds are too high, pushing/folding is the only option. But just raising gives you more opportunity to outplay your opponent and get away with a bit of a chance if things go really wrong.

If he has 62o he's folding to 3x BB and your push.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:48 PM

hand 1) all-in pre-flop

hand 2) check, then check/fold if you miss and push all-in in the SB with any two. but, all-in pre-flop wouldn't be bad either unless this seemed like an odd action for SB to make based on his play thus far.

hand 3) level dependant. At the lower levels I just push this.

hand 4) If it's ITM I push since by this point most of my opponents view me as a idiot who doesn't know how to play "real" poker and then call. If it's a full table or close to it, and I'm not too shortstacked I'll standard raise 3xBB.

just a note, if you're going to write out the hands make sure to include how man players at the table, the size of the blinds, the chips stacks, and reads you may have. All this is very important! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-07-2005, 05:54 PM

So you raise 3-4xBB HU, even with ~10BB? I guess the reasoning is that in one case you're out/holding on for dear life when he picks up a hand, but in the other you still have 6xBB to work with?
Old 06-07-2005, 06:49 PM

Excuse me, don't cop an attitude to somebody you've never met and certainly somebody that you couldn't hold their jock strap.