Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2005, 02:12 PM

Default Re: is this another scam?

[ QUOTE ]
Earnings Disclaimer
Every effort has been made to accurately represent the information, the products and their potential.
There is however NO guarantee that you will earn any money using our information, products, techniques and ideas in these materials. Nowhere on our site should any information to be interpreted as a promise or guarantee of earnings. Earning potential is entirely dependent on the person using our information, products, strategies, ideas and techniques.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I think that this program is a good thing for serious players. People who try to cheat us are paying $60 for a program that doesn't work. I feel that they deserve it.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:13 PM

do not even bother with kind of garbage. if anything, i would be scared to download it. From what i heard, there is software available that allows you to look at someone else's screen on your computer. Im sure that someone could turn this into something that will let you see someone's hole cards. For all you know this guy is getting you to download something that will let him see YOUR hole cards. this may all be a bit paranoid but my experience with online poker is - don't mess around.

and besides, that guy with the KK is gonna lose to a river ace anyway...
Old 06-07-2005, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im not saying that i think it works or that i would buy it..its just peculiar that he is giving a $ back guarantee...so if it doesnt work, how is he making $
V

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't really think he would honor that guarantee - do you. Whenever I see an ad offering X amount of dollars in a month or your money back I call and say 'send me the product for free and if I make X amount then I will send you 1/2X amount as payment'. Sounds like a good deal for them but so far no one has ever taken me up on the offer. Gee, I wonder why???
Old 06-07-2005, 03:55 PM

read about on some of the other forums, definately b.s.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:57 PM

good point, but that's 60.00 they could put in our pockets instead of the guy who came up with this crap.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:07 PM

I have a less negative reaction. In the first place, at least you got a real answer. In the second place, they seem to be saying it doesn't work, but if they suspect it does, they will block it. That's the main thing to me, not that they try to stop the guy from advertising.

What I find more worrysome is the mushy language. Find out someone's hole cards is CHEATING in capital letters. Using a bot to play is in a different category. We know they can't detect the bot or collusion, so saying they "detect and block" triggers my distrust. The guy with the magic hole card revealer claims he goes directly against the other players' computers; not the poker site. So the assurances seem pretty empty.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:15 PM

My understanding of this is that for the user to see someone elses hole cards he has to convince them (players at the table) to download a special program that has been provided to the buyer. Good luck w/that!
Old 06-07-2005, 06:06 PM

does it come with the blue glasses?
Old 06-07-2005, 06:30 PM

Default THE REAL POINT IS

In all honesty someone should hook up with this program and see if it works.. because if it does its a threat to online poker players...

I do like the idea of informing partypoker... but i'd also like to know if this sort of software can actually be created...

Vox
Old 06-07-2005, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My understanding of this is that for the user to see someone elses hole cards he has to convince them (players at the table) to download a special program that has been provided to the buyer. Good luck w/that!

[/ QUOTE ]Hmmm.... I've got an idea!

Maybe I'll rename that program something sneaky, like pokercheater, and make wild outrageous claims about what the program can do. I'll bet everyone will download that program then! Heck, people will want to download it so badly I'll bet they'll even PAY me to download it! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]