Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2005, 03:46 PM

Default Friday 12:15 Tourney at the Taj

Does anybody know anything about the Friday 12:15 Taj tourney? I am going up on Thursday and am shopping around for low buy in no add on no rebuy tournaments. What type of competition usually plays in this tourney? From my experience at the Tropicana, the competition should be pretty fishy. Am I correct. Is this tournament worth it or should I just stick to the ring games at the Trop or Borgata? Any comments are appreciated.

Zeus XIX
Old 06-07-2005, 04:31 PM

Default Re: Friday 12:15 Tourney at the Taj

my friend played a friday trop tourney (two weeks ag0), not sure if there were rebuys, but it was fishy, i'd expect the same, especially during the summer
Old 06-07-2005, 05:27 PM

Default Re: Friday 12:15 Tourney at the Taj

Does anybody know anything about the Friday 12:15 Taj tourney?

I believe the Taj just started spreading this event to compete with the Borgatas daily tournaments.

The Borgata spreads a $500+ $60 no limit tournament Friday at that time. The Taj spreads a $200+$25 at 6:15 and the Trop runs a $150 + 25 at 5:15.

What type of competition usually plays in this tourney? From my experience at the Tropicana, the competition should be pretty fishy.

Since I know nothing about your game, I would consider you one of the school. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Its pretty much a shoot out. Everyone starts with T5000 the limits start T25-T50 and move up every 20 minutes.