Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2005, 11:21 AM

Default How to play it?

Playing in a 6 handed cash game table a hand came up which I am interested in hearing what people would do when faced with the situation

In the BB I receieve 8s9s. UTG calls and UTG+1 raises 4xBB 5th position reraises 10xBB infront and is called by the button. Small blind folds and I call. UTG folds as does UTG+1 killing the damn pot size.

I am absolutely sure both players are on pockets higher than jacks and not big slick or low pockets as they are players I know well and they have pretty telling betting patters.

The flop comes out 10s 7s 8h . It is up to you to act first, what do you do here knowing you are up against AA/KK, AA/QQ, KK/QQ?

Another lever to it, what if the turn is a blank A Q or K or a A Q K of spades. I would love some feedback on this as it was a very complicated hand IMO.

Stacks are real deep, 10K and 2x15K
Old 06-07-2005, 11:31 AM

Default Re: How to play it?

I'll throw out what will probably be a highly-critiqued line. Pot should be 35.5BBs if I calculated this right. If you put your opponents on overpairs(not including JJ)... you have 9 flush outs, 6 straight outs, 2 tripp outs, and 3 natural two pair outs(gotta be careful with board pairing). Total of 20 outs.

Ran this through pokerstove assuming AA/KK(didn't specify suits) and you're 62% to win. Given this situation I'm looking to get all of my money, and both the other stacks into the pot to gamble(Granted losing this stack will suck, you're playing for the long run).
I bet 15BBs at the pot looking for a raise from AA or KK to test the waters. Assuming you get this raise I look to push over the top all in and try and get as much money in there as I can. If they simply call I think I push the turn most of the time. I think AA/KK will either put you on a set or be too stubborn to lay it down and you'll take it there or get action... either way isn't bad.

-Ace
Old 06-07-2005, 02:52 PM

i like a pot sized lead so that when they push you can get all in... if you can get all in 3 way v. AA and KK this is the best situation you can hope for, ever. you're a favorite against one, against two this is basically handing you EV on a silver platter. as long as you're ok with losing all your money, then pot sized lead, there will be a raise and maybe a reraise from the other overpair, then you can push... they might just both fold which would be great for your variance issues but if not then great as well, you've got a monster!

also you said what the stacks are in money but what the hell are the blinds? helpful to know how many BB's we're talking about here... if this is a 1/2 NL game, the answer's a little different than if it's 10/25 or something.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:10 PM

u wanna get as much money in on the flop as possible when ur ahead, any spade(other than As or Ks will kill ur action) ,a 9 would too.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i like a pot sized lead so that when they push you can get all in... if you can get all in 3 way v. AA and KK this is the best situation you can hope for, ever. you're a favorite against one, against two this is basically handing you EV on a silver platter. as long as you're ok with losing all your money, then pot sized lead, there will be a raise and maybe a reraise from the other overpair, then you can push... they might just both fold which would be great for your variance issues but if not then great as well, you've got a monster!

also you said what the stacks are in money but what the hell are the blinds? helpful to know how many BB's we're talking about here... if this is a 1/2 NL game, the answer's a little different than if it's 10/25 or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

You play goot.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:00 PM

I'm curious to see the line OP took and the outcome... results? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-07-2005, 04:04 PM

I wouldn't mind c/r all in on the flop here. If they fold, you win a decent sized pot plus their flop bets. If they call, you have a ton of outs to make your hand.

Blackjack
Old 06-07-2005, 04:44 PM

How deep are the stacks here?
I'm skeptical of this 10x bb pf call oop (seems marginal at best without these stacks being pretty damn deep). I'd try to represent a set here, by leading pot, getting raised, and pushing, or c/r pot. You have good equity. Hell, open pushing wouldn't even be bad lol (not that you'll have fold equity), but you want as much money in this pot as possible.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:47 PM

Default How deep? REAL DEEP

[ QUOTE ]
Stacks are real deep, 10K and 2x15K

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-07-2005, 05:03 PM

Default Re: How deep? REAL DEEP

The only place i know of with such deep stacks is FW, any1 else know of another b&m with such a deep game please enlighten me.