Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2005, 08:19 PM

Default What time do you play...when would you prefer to play poker??

I read in a recent post that poster Derek in NYC played the "graveyard" shift. He recommends it to other posters.

I know poster Avid likes to get down to the Taj Mahal around 3 or 4 am and clean up the $20-$40 game.

My friend Fred G Sanford just likes to play cards. The time of the day does matter with that guy. Just give him a cup of coffee, a bottle of water and a power bar, and he will play marathon sessions.

I played the overnight session 12am-7am the Sunday night before Memorial day. I agree with Derek that players who fear shorthanded games should avoid the over night session. We played 5 and 6 handed for a few hours. I prefer shorthanded play, so playing short handed benefits me.

I would also consider the 12-8 shift or the 2-10 shift the times I would prefer playing.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:01 AM

Default Re: What time do you play...when would you prefer to play poker??

What??? You mean players actually get worse at certain times of the day? I do hear you on the short handed though. Today my 6/12 table played 5-6 handed for quite awhile and I cleaned up on it (well except for one hand where a guy didn't raise AA preflop and I flopped a boat, he waited till the turn to raise and then hit his two outer on the river. Heh, that huge a pot probably convinced him to never raise AA preflop again :0)
Old 06-07-2005, 03:49 AM

I wish i could play online from 10am-3pm and it wasnt a bunch of rocks... live play is always wild and crazy at the commerce club 24/7 365
Old 06-07-2005, 04:44 AM

I like to sit at 8pm and play until there isn't a game or I get too tired. Most times I play until 2 or 4 but if the game is juicy and my ride isn't leaving I'll play until 10 or 11am. After that I get tired and make too many mistakes. 10pm to 2am is the really busy time around here.
Old 06-07-2005, 06:49 AM

Commerce 20/40: Excellent 24/7.

I usually play the "graveyard" shift (midnight to 6 AM). Occasionally, you'll get to play shorthanded (I've even played HU and 3-way) when there are only two tables left and one is about to break.