Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2005, 07:15 PM

Default NL Implied Odds

Okay so I want to make implied odds my new best friend.

I play NL almost exclusively, so none of this "I may win 1BB extra" stuff. Most of the bets are roughly 1/2-full pot size bets. So basic pot odds are shot unless you get really lucky and the incoming bet is extremely small. Implied odds have to be what it's all about now.

So say I have A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and I just limped on the button. 3 people limped in front of me, the blinds completed and checked. Stakes don't matter so... Pot = 6BB.

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

It's checked around to the 2nd limper who bets 3BB (1/2 pot)

Now what all should I consider when making this call?? What conditions of these considerations would make the call profitable??

What changes if it is a full pot-sized bet?

(Obviously stack sizes and the like, but how large do they need to be? Stuff like that.)
Old 06-06-2005, 07:22 PM

Default Re: NL Implied Odds

you should consider how much does he have left? how much do you have left? usually you don't need to worry about stack sizes in this situation as due to it being an unraised pot, he probably won't go crazy with a top pair hand.

if you raise, how likely is he to fold a K? Is it possible for him to hold something like AT or A3 making your ace outs no good?

how many others are to the flop that might also come along with lower flush draw?
Old 06-06-2005, 07:33 PM

Default Re: NL Implied Odds

considering how he plays if a flush card comes is important as well. if it comes will he check and call a bet. how big of a bet will he call. if it comes will he lead and call a raise, etc. flush draws like this are pretty obvious and you tend to make more money with gutshot nut straight draws, oesd's, pair+flush draws and hitting your kicker. also, it's hard to give an estimate as to how much money each of you need to have in order for you to continue past the flop without being given a hand range for our villain.