Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2005, 07:07 AM

Default Re: 10k stat check , comments appreciated!!

Looks like you go to showdown too much. You could raise more preflop plus steal blinds. Your flop AF could be a tad higher.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:22 AM

The WSD really jumps out as being high. It could be that the OP is going to showdown too much, or it could be that he's just running good. Given the outstanding bb/100, I'm thinking its the latter.

AF is a little low, but nothing horrible otherwise.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:20 AM

The winrate looks good, but here's my two cents:

1. You don't raise enough preflop, imo, given the number of hands you play. Take a look at your positional stats and stats when you are first in. In LP or 1st in you should be raising A LOT of hands.

2. You could stand to add some aggression.

3. I think you may be coldcalling preflop too much, 11% seems a bit high, though it may be a result of having pots raised behind you. I'm not at home, so I can't look at my numbers, but would be curious what this number is for others. Could be nothing, but worth a look.

steve
Old 06-06-2005, 03:54 PM

One of the reasons I go to showdown alot is that I am pretty good at getting a cheap showdown with my slightly better than marginal holdings.
I knew my stats were slightly unconventional for this boards standards, but I wanted to show you can win with your own style. Ive beat .05/.1 for 9.73bb/100 pokerstars .25/.5 for 6.8bb using a more focused aggression strategy than the raise everything from everywhere strat promoted on the boards.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. You don't raise enough preflop, imo, given the number of hands you play. Take a look at your positional stats and stats when you are first in. In LP or 1st in you should be raising A LOT of hands.

2. You could stand to add some aggression.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think these two things are definitely the most important. I had a similar VP$IP at .5/1 at Party (I don't know what limit your stats are from), and my PFR% was around 10.5 or 11. My aggression factor was also around 3.4. Both of these were probably higher than they needed to be, but yours look a little low. It could also depend what site you're playing at. Then again, your winrate looks good, so if you think your style works better I would be legitimately curious to know why. Could you post some hands where your style differs from the norm?