Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2005, 08:50 PM

Default jasonHoldEm\'s (brief) AC debut, Sat 6/4

Hi guys,

My friends and I are planning a spur of the moment trip to AC this weekend. Details are sorta sketchy and unforutnately my friends aren't into poker as I am so I'm unsure how much time I'll actually get to spend playing, but the plan at the moment is to hit the borgata, arriving sometime saturday afternoon and staying late into the night.

I'm the typical internet poker player (overweight nerd) and I'll be wearing a green Phish hat and most likely a dark blue homestarrunner.com T-shirt ( this one )...I'm taking enough to sit 6/12, but if my friends decide to play poker I'll probably be sitting in a lower limit game or play the 1/2 NL game depending on what they want to do.

If you see me please stop by and introduce yourself.

Peace,
Jason
Old 06-05-2005, 03:12 PM

Default Re: jasonHoldEm\'s (brief) AC debut, Sat 6/4

Just got back...logged about 8 hours of 6/12 (not bad considering I didn't even know if I'd get to play)...cashed out about a dozen big bets to the good. Not great, but certainly nothing to complain about either...I had an absolute blast.

I will be back soon. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

J
Old 06-05-2005, 09:55 PM

good job bro, I'm heading up for the weekend friday. Any adivce on the games?
Old 06-05-2005, 09:58 PM

Good for you. That is certainly not a bad way to start your B&M career, as they are a bit of a different animal.

-Yarney
Old 06-05-2005, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any adivce on the games?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure the AC regulars can tell you more than I can...about all I have to offer would be that the waiting lists were crazy long for the smaller games (2/4 and 3/6 had like 20-30 people on them when I signed up at ~4pm and 1/2NL had like 60)...so if you're planning to play those limits expect a long wait (the 6/12 list was only 4 people long and I got a seat in ~5 minutes).

The 6/12 game I played in was fairly loose/passive, maybe 3-5 players to the flop on average, raises happened regularly enough but there wasn't a lot of 3 betting or capping except against monster vs. monster type hands...one thing I noticed is that live players tend to play their hands in a much more straightforward manner than internet players (if they raise they mean it, etc)....of course I only played one game (and even in that game there was an exception or two) so your mileage may vary.

FWIW, my roommate (who knows the basics but isn't exactly a "great" player or anything) went along on the trip and after a five hour wait got a seat in the 1/2 NL game and made about $500 in three hours starting from a $100 buy-in (and he's been rubbing it in ever since, lol). He said that game was pretty loose with a lot of friendly banter (and players making horrible mistakes), so next time I go I'll probably sit 6/12 but put my name on the 1/2NL list as well and move when called to check it out and have some fun.

J