Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2003, 11:56 AM

Default 15-30 hand

loose game, UTG with QcQs, raise, MP, button, blinds call. I have been raising pre-flop frequently. Flop 9c4d2d. SB bets, call, I raise, fold, button 3 bets, both call, I re-raise, all call. Turn Qd. Checked around. River 9d. SB bets, BB raises, I 3 bet, fold, fold, BB 4 bets, I 5 bet.

Would you check the turn? How many river bets are you willing to go against the BB, a reasonably solid player?
Old 05-13-2003, 12:28 PM

Default Re: 15-30 hand

It seems like someone flopped a diamond flush draw given the action on the flop. When you spike your set on the turn, it most likely made someone's flush. I don't think checking is that bad here. I might bet it anyways knowing that I may be in the lead and if not, I know I have a lot of outs to catch up. Of course, if you do bet, you may get raised. I found it interesting that no one bet the turn when the diamond hit.

On the river, if the BB goes into a wild raising war with you, I'd stop raising after he makes it 8 bets. I noticed that the BB never showed aggression until the river. That makes him a little harder to read, but if he's a solid player like you say and he know's you're a good player, then it looks like you might have been rivered by quads. I can't imagine a good player going into a raising war on the river with Q9.
Old 05-13-2003, 05:25 PM

Mackie,

I like your check on the turn. There is a good chance that someone made their flush and you definitely want to see the river (for a minimum price).

On the river I would probably just call if the BB makes it 6 bets. The BB has to put you also on a full-house. What hands could the BB have? I can't see a reasonably solid player continuing to raise with 44 (and definitely not 22) here which makes his likely hands Q9s or 99. And Q9s doesn't seem likely; given all of the action on the flop he should have folded it there.

Interesting hand...

-- Manzanita
Old 05-14-2003, 12:32 AM

hi mackie
bet the turn. make the draws pay, pay, pay.