Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2005, 12:37 AM

Default 4 Table Variance in .5/1

I'm playing 4 tables right now .5/1 (actually, right this moment trying to work off BONUSJUN). I have some big fluctuations every few sessions and I was wondering if that's normal? On the order of plus/minus 100BB for about 5 hours a session. Especially on my downswings I tend to have trouble controlling my emotions and start wasting a few bets that start to add up. The fluctuations don't seem very normal and I was just wondering what sort of typical/average variance to expect 4-tabling?
Old 06-05-2005, 12:40 AM

Default Re: 4 Table Variance in .5/1

***STAMP***
Old 06-05-2005, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm playing 4 tables right now .5/1 (actually, right this moment trying to work off BONUSJUN). I have some big fluctuations every few sessions and I was wondering if that's normal? On the order of plus/minus 100BB for about 5 hours a session. Especially on my downswings I tend to have trouble controlling my emotions and start wasting a few bets that start to add up. The fluctuations don't seem very normal and I was just wondering what sort of typical/average variance to expect 4-tabling?

[/ QUOTE ]

depends on whether "fluctuations" mean you bust out of 4 tables (100BB), or rather, you're up say 70, then down to 30, then back up to 70. The latter, although not that common, happens. I have also busted at tables but tripled up at another, so meh.
Old 06-05-2005, 12:56 AM

I had the same thing last month when the BonusMay was announced. Was up about 70bb then droppped then up then dropped. Wound up down -10bb from game play but up $90 from the bonus. I think the first few days of the bonus period tend to be a little more wild than the latter.
Old 06-05-2005, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm playing 4 tables right now .5/1 (actually, right this moment trying to work off BONUSJUN). I have some big fluctuations every few sessions and I was wondering if that's normal? On the order of plus/minus 100BB for about 5 hours a session. Especially on my downswings I tend to have trouble controlling my emotions and start wasting a few bets that start to add up.

[/ QUOTE ]

When this happens you should close all tables and go do something else for a while. It will help save you from those really bad drop offs.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm playing 4 tables right now .5/1 (actually, right this moment trying to work off BONUSJUN). I have some big fluctuations every few sessions and I was wondering if that's normal? On the order of plus/minus 100BB for about 5 hours a session. Especially on my downswings I tend to have trouble controlling my emotions and start wasting a few bets that start to add up.

[/ QUOTE ]

When this happens you should close all tables and go do something else for a while. It will help save you from those really bad drop offs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too bad you don't typically realize it until you've already clicked "bet/raise any" a couple times. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-05-2005, 10:56 AM

100BB sounds like an awful lot. How's your table selection?
Old 06-05-2005, 11:11 AM

I've had several -100++ BB downswings at .5/1, but they are unusual. I'd guess 1 per 7500 hands? (this is a rough guess). If you're having them quite often, you're probably contributing to it in some way.
Old 06-05-2005, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just accept the fact that you suck at 4-tabling and play less tables until you improve.