Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2005, 10:09 AM

Default Re: SNG Quiz

OK so I spend an hour or so posting several paragraphs of analysis I did and found helpful and you quote out of context the one line in there that was a joke. Thanks ass.

FWIW the situation linked too is completely differnet than the one I posted on. In the other situation there are even stacks whereas in this one there are two small stacks and you are going at it with the big stack. In the one you linked to you are likely to have them dominated being as a weaker ace is a very likely holding. Here you are as likely to see 75o as AQo if you believe the oponent will push any two. If you think a large percentage of this guys push range is poplulated by Ax that would be significatly better for AK than populated with two cards you don't dominate. No one disputes that. Also different is the fact that in the other situation if you win you are the big stack on the bubble which has its own advantages. In this situation your calling and winning or losing end the bubble.

BTW the line you quoted was meant to be sarcastic to drive home that there are other considerations besides ICM namely I would love to be able to say I took someone like him out. The same is true of Gigabet and a number of other players I consider good. I wish I could remove it now, but alas I can't.