Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 06:53 PM

Default Re: I\'m Sick of \"Granny Mae\" Spam and Self Promotion

I'm always happy to reconsider a decision. My randomm sampling of his posts felt "trollish".

If enough people deem him an asset, the ban shall be lifted.

As far as other posts by people that should have been deleted: I can assure you it is a result of my not being aware. This is why I have enlisted the help of others to address such nonsense.

Feel free to pm me, or voice your opinion here if you prefer.

Mat
Old 06-04-2005, 07:24 PM

Thanks for the clarification Mat.

After my post I realized there were likely some more posts mader by Timer that I had not read that also factored into your decision.

I am very happy to see that you have enlisted the likes of Mike Haven and Dynasty (and others?? not sure) to help patrol the forums.

I wasn't trying to imply that you have seen every single post that I deemed potentially offensive or vulgar and just let it slide. I know you didn't think that either.

I'm not especially prudish but the personal attacks to that degree just kinda bug me I guess and I don't see them contributing any value to the discussion (while also discouraging some of the bigger name players from making more frequent appearances here).

Anyway, I think the forums are in pretty decent shape as is. I mean...we're all kind of annoyed by the occasional affiliate-spam as well as the jesus-freak....but it's really not THAT bad. And I have optimism that with the assistance of a couple others things will continue to get even better.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:27 PM

Somebody has a decently constructed argument about granny

1. please point out anything other than him making baseless accusations? what makes it a decently constructed argument? good grammar? please defend him on content.

2. i never asked for anyone to be banned

3. you have been on my ass since the day you joined. why? who knows, who cares, because

4. IT IS AN INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD

mat,

why not take the discussion of timer's banning or not to a new thread. why does this thread need to keep popping up? i am not involved and will not be involved.

mat did not ban him for me and if he did, i don't care because

IT IS AN INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD!

p.s. i'm not ignoring PM's or emails. i'll be back next week.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:38 PM

Wait....I have been on your ass or timer has been on your ass?
Now I'm confused.

I suppose 'decently constructed' is a bit over-stated.
He used decent grammar and stated his opinion on something without being terribly vulgar about it.
I didn't mean to imply that his ideas were actually correct and by saying 'decently constructed' I guess I misrepresented myself.

I don't believe your posts are spammy.

But you have mentioned before that you are indeed an affiliate which seemed to bother some people for some reason.

Example:
Some people may have misconstrued your post about the guy copying the 'granny' affiliate-code on full-tilt as perhaps just being a way to mention that you are a paradise affiliate.

I think your intentions were fine.
The guy using this code was NOT you and you were rightly appalled.
You wanted everyone to know that it wasn't you so that they wouldn't get screwed-over.
Makes perfect sense to me but some people just don't get it.

But just because someone doesn't get it doesn't mean they need to be banned.

And if you think that it is ME that has been on your ass then I guess I just want to say that just because I disagree with you about something on occasion does NOT mean I am on your ass.
If we all sat around just agreeing with each other about everything then it would be kind of a boring forum I suspect.

If you weren't saying that I was the one who has been on your ass then I apologize for misunderstanding the drive of your post.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:44 PM

okay, i wasnt going to say anything, but its at the top right now anyways so i will. i think its pretty noted that me and granny dont get along but to say that granny spams his [censored] is stupid. he pays for part of this board's operational costs by paying for the ads and most of the time off topic granny threads are started it is by people other than granny. whatever. if you dont like them dont read them.

the only part of his statement that was the least bit based in reality was the, "gets to post ad nauseam off topic posts" and as i just said they are usually posted by other people, so it is a non issue. i checked out some of timers old posts, hes obviously going out of his way to be a dick and its good he's banned. now that that is over and done with stop posting(yes, i know, take my own advice! but its at the top!! and if even I am defending granny it is hard to believe that timer is being reasonable here.)

rj
Old 06-04-2005, 08:28 PM

dude, banning the troll for this is dumb. granted, gm pays for some of your advertising costs, but the visitors to the site are the ones who read them and make it desirable for anyone to buy advertising from you in the first place. banning people for trivial reasons is counterproductive to your entrepreneurial interest, and the fashion in which it was done is off-putting and rude.

yours sincerely,

another troll
Old 06-04-2005, 08:41 PM

As we all know, poker (and life) can be extremely stressful at times. I think many (all?) of us have gone off the deep end after truly unbelievable multiple incredibly expensive bad beats. Then, trying to calm down and ease the tilt/upset/pain, we turn to our favorite 2+2 forum, only to find another 3 or 4 new threads honoring the local cultural icon whom we personally find appallingly disgusting. Bingo--nasty post goes up. Doesn't make it right, doesn't make it wrong, it just happens. And to many/most of us, I think, under similar circumstances. I don't consider Timer either an asset or a liability--just a human being who, like all of us, should be allowed to rant every now and then, if that's what we need to do, without threats of banning. This guy who calls himself "Granny Mae" has certainly done his share of ranting and raving, name-calling, and character assassination over the years, and he's still around, so let's be fair here.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't consider Timer either an asset or a liability--just a human being who, like all of us, should be allowed to rant every now and then, if that's what we need to do, without threats of banning. This guy who calls himself "Granny Mae" has certainly done his share of ranting and raving, name-calling, and character assassination over the years, and he's still around, so let's be fair here.

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy's been nothing but a dick in every thread he's posted in since he's been here. I vote he stays gone.
Old 06-04-2005, 10:02 PM

The guy who's frequently in a bad mood=the guy who takes a lot of bad beats=the guy who plays a lot of losing poker=$$$$ in my pocket.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. WE LOVE YOU, TIMER!!!!!
Old 06-04-2005, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My guess would be that this post had something to do with it as well.

busguy

[/ QUOTE ]

This is 100% correct. This is why the OP made his post. He was repaying Granny for calling him out. Timer comes into a forum owned by someone then shi*ts all over him for no reason. Disrespectful poster. Timer, take your party to CardPlayer forum and sh*it in Shulman's mouth. See how long you last there as well. I vote keep him banned.
Closed Thread