Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2005, 07:36 PM

Default Re: Preflop Quiz

[ QUOTE ]
How'd I do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of your answers seem to be fairly close to everyone else. I personally think these are all quite marginal, but I would fold most of them. I think people's answers here are really going to depend on their playing style. The 19+ VPIP's will probably be calling/raising a lot of these, and the 18- VPIP's will probably fold a lot of them. That's what my prediction was while writing the quiz.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1:

You are on the button with A7o. There are two loose limpers in early-mid position. The rest fold to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are the blinds like? I might consider raising if I think there's a decent chance of knocking them out, especially if they'd fold better aces. Else I limp.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2:

You are in the BB with A7o. A loose UTG limps in, folded to the CO who raises, Button coldcalls, SB folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 3:
You are in MP2 with Q9s. UTG+1 raises, UTG+2 coldcalls, MP1 folds. The players to act behind you and the blinds are all moderately loose (in the 30 VPIP range) and not particularly good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 4:

You are in the SB with QTs. A solid player in MP2 raises, CO and Button coldcall.

[/ QUOTE ]

This one seems close between folding and calling. I probably fold.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 5:

You are in the SB with A5o. Two somewhat loose players limp in from UTG+1 and MP1.

[/ QUOTE ]

call.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 6:

You are in the CO with JTo. It is folded to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise. I might consider limping if both the blinds are super loose/passive, but almost always raise.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 7:

You are on the Button with JTo. There are two reasonably playing limpers in MP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I presume the initial limp came from MP1, as MP2 would usually be a raise or fold. The overlimp implies a multiway hand or little chance of an isolation raise being successful. I probably call in both cases, though more warily in the latter.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 8:

You are in the CO with 87s. It is folded to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually raise. What sort of players are left to act?

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 9:

You are in the CO with 87s. There are three loose limpers in EP, MP3 raises. The blinds and Button are semi-loose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Call.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 10:

You are in the CO with Q9o. It is folded to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually raise. What sort of players are left to act?

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 11:

You are in MP3 with 66. There is one limper in EP, folded to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually raise. I want to play this out HU if possible. Consider calling if at least 3/4 left to act are very loose.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:59 PM

1: Depends on the blinds. If I think they'll both fold, I'll raise here (and I want an A-high flop), otherwise fold - A7o is a shitty multiway hand.

2: With no reads on CO or Button, I'm inclined to fold.

3: Fold. I'm in a lousy position if there are more callers, and there's not enough action if everybody folds.

4: Call. Position is worse than Hand 3, but I'm getting a discount, there's another player already in the pot, and my cards are better too.

5: Fold. With one limper and a tight BB, I'd raise.

6: Raise if I think I can take it down or at least get HU, fold with loosey-gooseys behind me.

7: Call, and hope the blinds come along.

8: Fold. This needs a multiway pot.

9: Call. See Hand 8.

10: Same as hand 6.

11: Completely depends on who's behind me. If I know I can get it HU, it's a raise, otherwise a call.
Old 06-04-2005, 08:05 PM

Ok, I play 3/6 ~16% vpip ~11% pfr.

Doing this blind.

Hand 1: Fold
With one loose limper and a good chance of folding the blinds I raise. Even though the limpers are loose i might very well be dominated. The folding equity I gain on the flop by raising isn't great either.

Hand 2: Fold
Easy fold IMO. It can't be considered a steal.

Hand 3: Fold
This is an easy fold.

Hand 4: Fold
I fold in this situation. It's much closer than hand 3.

Hand 5: Fold.
My God, I'm tight! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Hand 6: Raise or fold
Finally I got to play a hand. This is marginal and depending a lot on Button and the blinds. If I have reason to believe I'm picking this pot up a decent ammount of time without seing a flop or at least get it HU I'm raising.

Hand 7: Fold
This might be one of these possible limps from Button I miss (my vpip from button is a bit too low). With loose limper I limp, so I also guess it's a matter of what you mean by "reasonable".

Hand 8: Fold
I don't like attacking the blinds with 8-high from CO. We can easily hit our 9 and still have two overs on the flop.

Hand 9: Fold
Our relative position stinks if we flop a draw or made monster.

Hand 10: Raise or fold
I need a read on the blinds to try to steal with this hand from CO. It's close though, as said I usually raise QTo here.

Hand 11: Limp
From CO or Button I would most often raise. As usual depending on the blinds.
Old 06-04-2005, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I would fold all of these most of the time. A lot of these look like situations where I would be able to loosen up a little bit more often. I think I play quite well from UTG-MP1, but as pointed out from MP2-Button I should loosen up to take advantage of profitable situations resulting from position.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're not not giving up much by folding any of these hands except for hand 11. That hand got to be played.
Old 06-04-2005, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold everyone except...
6 call, 7 call, 8 call, 11 call.

I'm tight and picky [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Calling hand 6 is not good. Raise or fold. Calling is the worst option.
Old 06-04-2005, 08:25 PM

1. Fold. A7o is not a great hand even in late position.
2. Fold. I still think this hand is too weak against a raiser, caller and probable UTG caller.
3. Fold. You are starting to make me feel weak-tight now. Sorry I just dont think you can start cold calling raises with hands like Q9s when there are only 2 players in the hand so far. I am not sure that I like the idea of calling this raise at all.
4. I dont like it but I think this one is close. QJs I would definitely call. But as long as you are prepared to release your hand if you dont connect favourably with the flop I think its ok if you really want to call.
5. Fold. I dont think A rag are strong hands to play. You have a weak kicker if you hit your A.
6. Ah I think this might be a steal raise hand. Go for it! (dependant upon reads of course)
7. Call. You are looking to benefit if you connect well with the flop and have straight making possibilities. If you get top pair, its your judgement from there on.
8. Fold. I dont want to try a steal raise with 87s playing micro limits. No thankyou.
9. Call. You have persuaded me with your description of all the other players being so loose. Normally I would fold though.
10. Fold. Not strong enough to steal raise with because I read it in SSH lol. Simply because the rake in small stakes games is higher % than in higher stakes games.
11. Fold. I dont think the odds are good enough for hitting my set. And I dont like playing this pair against probable overcards. Close decision though I think.

Hey, by the way, do you think I might be able to write a book like Lee Jones, (even though I have not yet read WLLH) because my responses seem to be a bit weak-tight? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-04-2005, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
11. Fold. I dont think the odds are good enough for hitting my set. And I dont like playing this pair against probable overcards. Close decision though I think.

[/ QUOTE ]
And the rake is less in hand 6 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the only hand you have to play in this quiz IMO.
Old 06-04-2005, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 11:

You are in MP3 with 66. There is one limper in EP, folded to you. en
- Raise. I'd like to buy the button and play this hand short-handed if possible. Unless CO and BT play nearly every hand, we can't expect multiway action

[/ QUOTE ]
Multi-way action? If we call we can usually expect 4 players to the flop, and that's good for 66. I don't mind raising though. It's pretty read dependant.
Old 06-04-2005, 08:56 PM

Hand 1:

You are on the button with A7o. There are two loose limpers in early-mid position. The rest fold to you.

I fold. I would raise one limper and tight blinds.

Hand 2:

You are in the BB with A7o. A loose UTG limps in, folded to the CO who raises, Button coldcalls, SB folds.

I think I fold this, typically. If CO is very aggro preflop and button awful, I might call, but with the button in there too, I won't have good position to check/raise a favorable flop.

Hand 3:

You are in MP2 with Q9s. UTG+1 raises, UTG+2 coldcalls, MP1 folds. The players to act behind you and the blinds are all moderately loose (in the 30 VPIP range) and not particularly good.

Easy fold.

Hand 4:

You are in the SB with QTs. A solid player in MP2 raises, CO and Button coldcall.

I'll call this, knowing that I'll have a hard time being satisfied with a pair of Q's.

Hand 5:

You are in the SB with A5o. Two somewhat loose players limp in from UTG+1 and MP1.

I fold. I don't like my position here.

Hand 6:

You are in the CO with JTo. It is folded to you.

Easy open raise, unless button and blinds are very loose. Then I might fold.

Hand 7:

You are on the Button with JTo. There are two reasonably playing limpers in MP.

I limp.

Hand 8:

You are in the CO with 87s. It is folded to you.

I fold.

Hand 9:

You are in the CO with 87s. There are three loose limpers in EP, MP3 raises. The blinds and Button are semi-loose.

I might fold or call depending on my specific read at the table, tending to fold.

Hand 10:

You are in the CO with Q9o. It is folded to you.

Raise tight blinds, or fold if I know I can't steal.

Hand 11:

You are in MP3 with 66. There is one limper in EP, folded to you.

With loose people behind me, I limp. If they're tight, and the limper is tight, I raise.

Edit: I play 1/2, both full and 6 max. My full stats are 20%/13% (2.5k hands at tight tables means lots of open-raising), and for 6 max, I'm 25%/17%.