Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2005, 05:37 AM

Default Re: KK Call or Fold?

this is going to sound like a silly question, since I play live almost exclusively...
Are tehre programs to track the play of other players perfectly? That is some very specific information on the play of this individual.
Old 06-04-2005, 08:17 AM

I'm sure I'm going to come off sounding naive here, but it's unbelievable to me how tight some of you guys are. Fold preflop, are you serious? This is a 3/6 online NL game. Not 100/200 at the Taj. These people do not play perfectly; if they did, you wouldn't make any money off of them. Yes he could very easily have AA, but I don't see what makes you think he doesn't have AK, the other KK, QQ, or even 88-JJ here. This isn't a tournament, you have the second best hand in poker, press your advantage and I promise you'll come out ahead more than enough to be profitable. There is no way I could even conceive folding preflop here, on 3/6 for god's sake, where I have seen people 3-bet with small suited connectors. However I wouldn't push either, as the only thing he calls you with is AA.

As for the flop..he's either got you (badly) beat already, or he's drawing to 11 to beat you. Getting 2 to 1 I don't think you can call, but..it might be close. Hard to assess his range when you mark him as an unknown (same reason you can't fold preflop).

Edit: I got a little ahead of myself, I just saw that you marked him as an extremely tight player. In this case you can definitely fold on the flop, maybe preflop too, but my rant still applies because it seems like every thread I read is results-oriented analysis about how someone should've laid it down.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:09 AM

They might not play perfectly. But they also won't come over the top of a raise with QQ or worse. He has stats saying the guy's tight, come on.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:42 PM

Thanks for the comments.

I ended up folding (time ran out). I didn't notice this was his first raise after 60 hands until after the flop, and decided that he probably had AA, and I could be drawing to 1 out. If his bet was about $50 less, I probably would have called to find out.
Old 06-04-2005, 05:12 PM

I think its a little far fetched suggesting that players would fold if a king came up
Old 06-04-2005, 05:19 PM

Looks like a routine fold to me. What hands do you think you beat here?

- Kripke
Old 06-04-2005, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These people do not play perfectly; if they did, you wouldn't make any money off of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they played perfectly it wouldn't matter in the long run whether you called or folded. The fact that your opponent doesn't play perfectly is what lets you save your money here.
Old 06-04-2005, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think its a little far fetched suggesting that players would fold if a king came up

[/ QUOTE ]
What would you do(with aces), given the preflop action,if a king flops and villain pots it?
Forgive me if this is considered a thread hijack.
Old 06-04-2005, 06:18 PM

are you kidding? fold this preflop, please...
Old 06-04-2005, 06:46 PM

if you hit a K here and villian has AA he is stacking you.