Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2005, 12:38 AM

Default Paradise software- worst ever?

I am playing on this, clearing the deposit bonus, and I'm playing 3 tables at once.

Everytime I get up to switch tables, I swear it takes like 5 minutes for the Paradise server to figure out what's going on. When I try to join a new table, it says I'm playing the maximum of 3, even when I haven't played on that table in 2 or 3 minutes. Stars was never this bad. Stars is really fast. The buttons on Paradise also suck, and the hand history feature sucks as well.

I also hate the fold option for preflop. If you check this, it actually folds you if you're in an unraised pot in the big blind. What kind of crap is that?

Why does their software suck so much?
Old 06-04-2005, 09:56 AM

Default Re: Paradise software- worst ever?

Everytime I get up to switch tables, I swear it takes like 5 minutes for the Paradise server to figure out what's going on. When I try to join a new table, it says I'm playing the maximum of 3, even when I haven't played on that table in 2 or 3 minutes.
You and your chips stay at the table until the hand is over. So until that 3rd table finishes the hand.. you're technically still there. If the table crashed.. it could be a while before you are no longer seated and your chips are removed.

Stars was never this bad. Stars is really fast.
I think Stars cashes you out as soon as you leave the table window.

The buttons on Paradise also suck, and the hand history feature sucks as well.
I like Paradise buttons. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I also hate the fold option for preflop. If you check this, it actually folds you if you're in an unraised pot in the big blind. What kind of crap is that?
I think it might work the same way on Party. On paradise, you have to wait a second or two for the check/fold option to come up.

Why does their software suck so much?
Most of us like it for the color scheme. Party is so ugly. At it's peak, Paradise did have the best software, visually appealing and functional. By today's standards, it is nowhere near Stars or Party in functionality. Trying to be objective, from a features, functions, and purely product capabilities point of view, Paradise is actually quite sad. Still, I and many others personally like the visual presentation enough to play there most of the time.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everytime I get up to switch tables, I swear it takes like 5 minutes for the Paradise server to figure out what's going on. When I try to join a new table, it says I'm playing the maximum of 3, even when I haven't played on that table in 2 or 3 minutes.
You and your chips stay at the table until the hand is over. So until that 3rd table finishes the hand.. you're technically still there. If the table crashed.. it could be a while before you are no longer seated and your chips are removed.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is true but it's worse than this. During my recent Paradise play I discovered that the software sometimes loses count of the number of open tables. Then it won't let you open another table window unless you close them all first.
Old 06-04-2005, 02:13 PM

You forgot to add that their software is a ridiculous graphics processing hog. Their performance with my quad graphics card is so awful that I'm leaving them. Moving the mouse around is like playing underwater and the graphics can barely keep up. Yes, I've turned off the dealing graphics and tweaked everything I could find just to achieve this barely playable level.

This is sad for me because Paradise was my first site and I really loved playing there.

But it is time to speak the truth. Paradise is no longer making a real effort to improve their poker product. The obvious bugs that were there a year ago are still there. They aren't adding the new features that their competitors offer. It doesn't seem like they have a long-term perspective anymore.
Old 06-04-2005, 02:30 PM

Worst software ever? Not even close.

Ever heard of a little site called Pacific Poker?

I happen to like Paradise Poker anyway. It's a friendly little site, and you get free virtual beer [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].
Old 06-04-2005, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Worst software ever? Not even close.

Ever heard of a little site called Pacific Poker?

I happen to like Paradise Poker anyway. It's a friendly little site, and you get free virtual beer [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Seconded. Play on Pacific for a few weeks, then come back to the civilized poker world. You won't be able to bitch about any other site's software. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-04-2005, 04:18 PM

I like the Paradise software better than Party and think that it is far from the worst. I have no experience with Poker Stars. Paradise has pretty decent statistics that are accessable and it's easy to get a hand history. I would play there more if the tables weren't so damn tight.
Old 06-04-2005, 04:46 PM

Play on the cryptos. Talk about a games lagging like no other. Also if you like random crashing and timing out, Cryptos are great for that as well.
Old 06-04-2005, 04:51 PM

Does anyone else have like a 2 or 3 second lag at showdowns before it announces the winner? I feel like I'm getting slowrolled every time.
Old 06-04-2005, 04:57 PM

Bret,

I agree. The showdowns are torture. And I have a fast computer.

I like it better than Party though, because I win more on Paradise.

Ragnar