Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2005, 01:23 PM

Default Re: Aces gone to waiste,again

I sure cite this post a lot, but it's still good every time.

I was playing at Stars 1/2 the other night, and as others have said, the tables are indeed tighter than a nun's nasty. Any open-raiser would steal the blinds. I went ahead and limped AA UTG, just to see what would happen. I figured my mistake was on the order of 1 SB. If the table conditions are super tight, especially if it is aggressive as well, then going for a limp-reraise is a good play to have at your disposal. Don't use it as your default, by any means, though. The vast majority of tables are better for playing it straight.

As for me, I didn't get the opportunity to reraise another raiser, but I got a 5 way flop, the most people I'd seen in all night. I flopped top set, turned a full house when another guy had trips, and that was that. I'm still probably raising it UTG next time.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:40 PM

Thanks wook you always have a post that feels same way I do.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:45 PM

I just thought that I would post this hand to try to cheer you up and show you that not everyone else always does well with their AA hands either.

Also the funny thing about this hand is that like you, I decided to try and be deceptive and not give away the strength of my hand by 3-betting PF.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

River: (8.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ad As (two pair, aces and jacks).
MP2 has Js Jd (four of a kind, jacks).
MP3 has 9c 9s (two pair, jacks and nines).
Outcome: MP2 wins 14.50 BB. </font>

By the way, I dont think that I should have bet the river when the second J fell, but that is not the point of this post.

Just keep raising those AA hands, its good for you in the long run. LOL [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-04-2005, 01:45 PM

btw...
I just had AKs
flop comes Q 7 2 rainbow
its 3bet by the time it gets to me so i fold and Then its RUNNER RUNNER KINGS LOLOL

anyway he had Q 2

I tried not to break anything and continued to play [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-04-2005, 01:59 PM

Good job not being results oriented. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]