Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2005, 09:58 AM

Default Re: KJo , out of position. Fishy can\'t fold his trips

Hmmm....well lets think.

I bet $2 on the turn. Majority of the time what is raising me to $6 on the turn ? I disagree with putting all my money in with trips. That's dumb and the only thing that calls you is a full house usually.

Pot = $5 on the turn after my turn bet. He raises to $6 making the pot= 11 . It might barely be + EV to raise all-in to $20 there and you are assuming that the times that you pick up the pot here win you more than you lose to a full house. I don't know. I would need a computer program to figure out which play is more + EV.
Old 06-04-2005, 10:05 AM

Look, if you play KJo, what are you looking for? You're scared when you hit trips, because someone might have a boat. If you hit a straight, you're probably scared of a flush or a boat. You can't play hands for full-house value. If you think you have the best hand, get the money in.

This type of logic you use makes people call you weak-tight. And i agree with them. It's not an insult, it's an analysis of your style of playing. Numerous good poker players have told you that you play weak-tight. Believe them.

Start playing some agressive, strong poker. Yes, you will lose bigger pots. You will also win bigger pots. Variance will increase. So will your profit.

Stop taking every bit of advice you read in here personal. You are not a good poker player. Neither am I. This means we make mistakes. If you cannot stand it when people point out these mistakes to you, you should not try to participate in this forum.
Old 06-04-2005, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm....well lets think.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, the irony.
Old 06-04-2005, 10:12 AM

I think you played it fine on the flop and turn. Against som 50 /20's I'll reraise the turn, and against others I'll just call ( his aggression factor and stupidity factor will do the difference probably).

I think a blocking bet will be in order against most oponents on the river though. And you have to start folding this preflop.
Old 06-04-2005, 10:35 AM

I might need to start folding this preflop. I agree with that. What am I looking for when I play K Jo. I'm looking to win a small pot for christ's sake. Why do I have to be all-in every god damn time I play a hand ? That isn't strong poker. That is stupid. You win big pots with full houses. You don't want to be all-in every time you get trips . Geez. What if I told you that the blinds were .10/.25 and I had a $100 stack built up and villain also had $100. Good I idea to push a 400 BB stack in the middle on the turn with trips right there ?
Old 06-04-2005, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I might need to start folding this preflop. I agree with that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah, progress.

[ QUOTE ]
You don't want to be all-in every time you get trips . Geez.

[/ QUOTE ]
Come again?

[ QUOTE ]
What if I told you that the blinds were .10/.25 and I had a $100 stack built up and villain also had $100. Good I idea to push a 400 BB stack in the middle on the turn with trips right there ?

[/ QUOTE ]
You should have mentioned stack sizes sooner. Don't push. But get as much in as possible, as long as you are doing the betting and he is doing the calling
Old 06-04-2005, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I might need to start folding this preflop. I agree with that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah, progress.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds familiar
Old 06-04-2005, 10:53 AM

ouch. That was in January. How the hell did you find that ?
Old 06-04-2005, 10:55 AM

Hmmm, you know I think you are right.

Should I be folding QTs preflop ?

Hell, if I would have folded QTs and KJo tonight I would have made about $80 tonight. Instead I made $10.
Old 06-04-2005, 10:57 AM

Re: river play - whatchagonnado? By this point it's obvious you've both got Ks, the question is who's got the better kicker (player with better starting requirements) and whether anyone pairs the board (utter luck).
If you'd re-raised massively on 4th street, would scubasam1 have called you? He'd have had to think hard about his kicker, which might have induced a fold before that jammy river. Presumably when he re-raised you on 4th, you were worried about YOUR kicker, and were thinking about whether he had AK or KQ (Cloutier says don't worry about what hands can beat you, trust your instinct on whether you have the best hand).
But that's a big maybe - depends on your impression of the player - and I'm sure in that situation I would have done exactly the same as you..!