Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2005, 05:35 AM

Default How to marry oneself to an unwilling pot

Live 2-4 NL game. 8 Handed
Hero UTG = $600
Villian 1 pos 3= $800+ Solid Player, will make a few moves, but relatively straight forward on all streets
Villian 2 pos 5= $200+

Fairly weak game, not so much reraising. I ahve fairly tight aggressive image, but recently bet and reraised a min raise from a poor player all in with straight draw and got called by top pair (Ace) Q kicker and hit on river to double up.

Hero holds K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] limp (yes... this is a mistake...post flop analysis appreciated...lol)
Pos2 calls, Villian 1 calls, Pos 4 calls, Villian 2 calls, fold, sb calls, bb check
Pot $24
Flop:Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero Bets $30, Villan 1 & 2 calls

Any suggestions here?

Anyhoo, pot = $114 Turn 10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero Bets $200 (yes this is a gross overbet. WAnted to shut out here, especially flush draw. It was here that I somehow convinced myself that I was going to win this hand)
Villian 2 acts a little surprized at the bet size, says "Alright" and pushes. Villan 2 folds.

anyone call in this situation?
anyone have an idea about what he might have given this line?
Old 06-04-2005, 05:49 AM

Default Re: How to marry oneself to an unwilling pot

PF is totally fine. At a tight, somewhat passive table you will probably here from AQ or AK if someone has it. On the flop I like a bet of $20 more. On the turn I like a check, or possibly a 2/3 potsize bet.
Old 06-04-2005, 05:52 AM

Do you put him on a set? 2 pair? bluff on the push? does the $200 define my hand too much to make a bluff impossible at this point (or a QJ...)?
Old 06-04-2005, 07:48 AM

The hand itself I don't think you played too badly..you shouldn't have committed so much with the turn bet. What I wanted to mention is when someone looks befuddled and says "alright" it practically always means they have a monster, so just based on that I think it's impossible for you to call. Everybody gets somewhat confused when they have a big hand and keep getting bet into, sometimes they let out a tell..I would assume he has pocket 3's or 7's, but not Q's. Am I close? Did you call? Did he show?
Old 06-04-2005, 04:44 PM

Like an idiot I called, and he turns over AQ. I walk home mad at myself post here to get ideas for teh next time lol