Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2005, 03:42 PM

Default Re: My Story

[ QUOTE ]
What, are you like 15 or something? If not, you're an adult, it's your money. What's he going to do, kick you out? Ask him "are you willing to ruin your relationship with your son over this?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Awful advice... can tell ya from some experience.

The other posters have already showed you the way. Restart with 4k and make sure your Dad is investing your winnings for you.

Blackjack
Old 06-03-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His conclusion is for me to withdraw $14,500 and only play $10 tournies.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's wrong with this? Just play a bunch of $10 MTT's with hundred of entrants and high cashouts. You can continue to develop your game, obey your father and you might win some decent money.

Your father might seem unreasonable but at least he's letting you play. Some fathers wouldn't be so permissive given the fact that what you are doing is illegal.

I wouldn't go behind his back and play games he's forbidden you to play with high buy-ins. Do you really think you could hide this from him for an entire year? You are being given a choice between having a trusting relationship with your dad and some poker or lying and possibly getting caught and being banned from poker with no trust from dad or having to move out. Seems pretty simple to me.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ken Warren writes that AKo is better than AKs. Ed Miller does not. Do you see the difference?

[/ QUOTE ]

Duh. AKo can make twice as many flushes. It's obviously better. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-03-2005, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

6. Take the other $5,000 out, rent a pimped out limo, make outrageous dinner reservations, and take the hottest girl in school to the Prom. Then bang her like a screen door in a hurricane.
7. Post a prom trip report in OOT so we can all wish we were you.

[/ QUOTE ]

HELL YEA BEAT THAT SH*T UP...till its raw ahahaha

and u better have a tight azz car if you're makin that kind of cash. And dont waiste it on drugs, Stu Ungar Jr.
And go to a good state college
GL [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-03-2005, 04:23 PM

Seriously. The posts advising some sort of compromise with your father sound like the best advice so far. Parents are just like every person in that they'll respect you if you respect them.

Ask your dad for advice in investing your money wisely then explain to him that with your remaining BR, the best way to invest it is by playing the game your best at without arbitrary restrictions. Also reiterate your committment to studies and going to college.

...Then take the hottest girl in your school to prom and bang her like a screen door in a hurricane.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

...Then take the hottest girl in your school to prom and bang her like a screen door in a hurricane.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tough to argue with this one...and I'm thinking a 17 year old with 14 large could pull this off nicely.

Good luck.

FP