Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2005, 02:38 PM

Default Re: AA at 2k NL

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ZJ, you silly self absorbed fish.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know exactly what the rest of this guy's post meant, but this was right on. Only donkeyfish expect other good players to bet their undisguised hand for them on the river behind them.

>>>>BN

while i agree with the substance of the above 2 posts, why is in necessary to insult zj who just asked for some analysis.

i mean, for sure, after betting 3 times, a river check on a board with a million clubs kinda reeks of the nuts. any kind of player is very unlikely to bet into that river check.

a smallish bet (1/4 - 1/3rd the pot) is far more likely to be called by mp2 who must have a pretty good hand to go this far. the idea is to extract the most money possible... give him the chance to have a rationale/the odds to lose a few dollars more. its much better than nothing.

but whats the point of the name calling ???
Old 06-03-2005, 04:18 PM

Since you have lead at every opportunity it would seem to make sence to bet the river like you did the turn, which would be approx. $650. A check smells like an invitation to a check raise.
Old 06-03-2005, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i mean, for sure, after betting 3 times, a river check on a board with a million clubs kinda reeks of the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

At these stakes, will players bet this river even if they are scared of the 4th club hitting? This statement makes it sound like players will only check with the Ac here. I don't play at these stakes, so I'm legitimately curious.