Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2005, 12:02 PM

Default Anyone played w/these chips before?

9g Las Vegas clay composite...

I'm not a big fan of the labels, but I want something w/denoms for small tourneys (my group has a hard time remembering chip values, even w/them posted on the wall)

I read a couple other reviews at various sites that were favorable considering the cost, but I have come to value everyone's opinions on this board.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy
Old 06-03-2005, 12:33 PM

Default Re: Anyone played w/these chips before?

I own a set of these. And, am getting custom labels printed for them. They feel pretty good for composites, but the inlay is very slick. They stack pretty good and sound pretty good. They are a bit on the light side; not sure they're really 9g.

One suggestion if you buy. Buy the quantity that you need all at one time. The lots are fairly inconsistent and if you need to add some later, there may be some slight differences in color, etc.

One other thing. Mine are a tad bit thicker than standard and therefore don't fit in racks correctly. I'm sure there is a rack out there to accomodate them (i.e. a bit loose), but the standard ones don't work.

Hope this helps.

Savage
Old 06-03-2005, 12:40 PM

Thanks for the info!
Old 06-03-2005, 12:50 PM

No problem. One other thing. If you are going to do custom labels, it's pretty nice to have the little bit of extra real estate. The recesses are 1 1/4".

If anyone reading this thread knows where to get some loose chip racks, let me know.

Thanks.

Savage
Old 06-03-2005, 03:05 PM

Yeah, those are pretty good for the price. I think they're about the cheapest decent chips with denominations. And I definitely prefer denoms.

I have some samples and they feel OK. The sound and stacking are also pretty good. I'm not sure that labels would fit on the ones I have -- I mean the thickness of the label so it doesn't stick up above the rim. I'd test it first, or course.

As far as racks, it's hard to tell before you buy. If there is a local games store or card store that has racks, then you can test in person. Otherwise, I've found some of the eBay racks are a little larger than (for instance) good Paulson racks. So I would probably get the cheapest racks from eBay, including the shipping of course.
Old 06-03-2005, 03:11 PM

5stardeal racks are looser than paulson or chipco racks
Old 06-03-2005, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, those are pretty good for the price. I think they're about the cheapest decent chips with denominations. And I definitely prefer denoms.

I have some samples and they feel OK. The sound and stacking are also pretty good. I'm not sure that labels would fit on the ones I have -- I mean the thickness of the label so it doesn't stick up above the rim. I'd test it first, or course.

As far as racks, it's hard to tell before you buy. If there is a local games store or card store that has racks, then you can test in person. Otherwise, I've found some of the eBay racks are a little larger than (for instance) good Paulson racks. So I would probably get the cheapest racks from eBay, including the shipping of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tomb you just pop out the plastic slug in the middle and then put the label on, I beleive thats what Savage is doing.
Old 06-03-2005, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tomb you just pop out the plastic slug in the middle and then put the label on, I beleive thats what Savage is doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, you can buy those exact same chips but without the las vegas labels to put your own on.