Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Bracket
Ms OOT (Bell) 17 47.22%
Annie Duke 19 52.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2005, 02:16 PM

Default Re: U.S. Presidents SNG: Who wins?

[ QUOTE ]
Sharks - Nixon, Truman (existing skill).

Decent - Clinton, Lincoln, Kennedy, Jefferson (mainly because they are all smart men who valued learning)

Fish - Washington (total calling station), Buchannon (too decepetive), Reagan (have you seen celebrity poker)

Uber Fish - GW Bush (dumber than a box of hammers, way too aggressive)

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a real problem as seeing Lincoln as anything other than W/T. Can you really imagine Honest Abe check/raising? He'd consider it a sin. Also, just because Truman has existing skill, I don't think he belongs with the sharks. He's way too alpha-male to be any good at poker. Truman's the kind of guy who loves smoking a cigar and talking to his buddies while he plays. He's not taking my money.

Also, giving a little experience, I gotta think Jefferson is ready for the big leagues. THE MAN BOUGHT HALF OF AMERICA FOR 15 MILLION, PEOPLE!!! Talk about playing beyond your means - this guy made the world gave tiny baby America all the recognition of a superpower. A man who can create that kind of table image is going to have a huge leg up on the competition.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:19 PM

if we're actually serious, Nixon in a pinch - he financed his campaign with poker winnings -

if we're realistic, GWB - he'll keep changing the hand rankings till he wins or the Supreme Court rules he won the SNG - [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

RB
Old 06-02-2005, 03:48 PM

Phonetically, there is no debate, its Clinton - POK-HER
Old 06-02-2005, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I believe one of Nixon's initial campaigns was funded by his poker earnings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now how the hell are you going to know that Nixon's help his campaign with poker earnings, but did not know anything about Deep Throat???

Living, Learning, and Laughing.

Big Steve [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, Steve: You are mixing up "Deep Stack" with "Deep Throat."

[/ QUOTE ]

No, tbach24 said that he did not know anything about watergate and deep throat, but he knows this about Nixon??? I mean if anyone knows anything about Nixon it has to include Watergate and Deep Throat. That is what I was referring to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was just making a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, My sense of humor was off earlier...I think it had something to do with my painful wake up call this morning...My English Bulldog, Winston Churchill, hopped into the bed at about 5:30 this morning and his paw connected with my nuts. From deep sleep to Wide awake pain in a fraction of a second [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Old 06-02-2005, 07:46 PM

I think Clinton wins because he Gits all the Suck Outs [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-02-2005, 07:56 PM

Abe would be a rock - he was smart, he'd pick up enough from 2+2 to have starting hands and the necessity of aggression. If nothing else, he'd have the discipline to play the saabpo system.

You make an interesting case for a switch of Truman / Jefferson. You might be right.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:06 PM

Abraham Lincoln crushed any and all opposition during the Civil War. He didn't always use legal means to get the job done either. Crushed the south by any means necessary. He'd do the same thing in poker.

I'm pretty sure Lincoln would've been a spectacular poker player.

Most people in this thread talk about people's poker abilities that they have heard about without considering the qualities that make a successful poker player. For my money almost all of these guys would've been great poker players, but I think I'd go with Lincoln as the best.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:08 PM

Assuming this is a NL SnG people are under-estimating how much of a people game it is. Bush has exceptional people skills. He would be very good at sensing weakness/strength. Not as good at hiding his own tells though.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:57 AM

Bush would probably buy in for double chips, bust out half opponents on dubious floor decisons (like two pair beats a full house) and then find some way to run his chipstack into the ground.

Well, it's what happened to all the companies he ran, and quite possibly the country (there's a lot of analysis pointing to an economic meltdown soon).

But now we're getting really politial, and the overlords might not like that :P
Old 06-03-2005, 01:55 AM

Clinton would beat Bush heads up. The rest are dead giving them a terrible disadvantage.