Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2005, 11:15 AM

Default Re: Internet Poker Sites

Check out the classifieds for a rakeback affiliate. You will also most likely be receiving a ton of PMs about now.

As far as which poker site, if you are looking to start building a bankroll I would suggest bonus whoring. Homer has a great thread on this. Really though, there's nothing stopping you from trying them all out. The ones talked about here are all fairly reliable. However, do get rakeback when you can.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:15 AM

Go up to the classified ads (top left) You'll find lots of ad's from people who offer rakeback if you sign up for a site through them. It's a good thing so do it.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:16 AM

You will gets lots of variations from this board and others about what the best site is and why. I suggest downloading and installing a handfull and trying out the software for yourself and deciding which site YOU like best. Most sites offer play money tables so you will be able to test the software with no money invested. Then when you narrow your choice down deposit and have fun.

Be sure to have enough money to max out any deposit bonus' they may offer, and as far as rake back is concerned it has been stated that that really doesn't come into play until you are a higher limit player.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:58 AM

ok thanks a lot. Yea I dont think I'll be playing higher limit so I probably won't need to worry about the rake. Anyone know if there is currently a depoist bonus at partypoker?

You guys have all been real helpfull.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
as far as rake back is concerned it has been stated that that really doesn't come into play until you are a higher limit player.

[/ QUOTE ]
If by higher limit you mean 1/2 and higher, then I would agree.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:47 PM

Party Poker usually almost has a first time deposit bonus, usually 20% up to $100...ie deposit $500 for $100 in bonus money. You will be typically required to play x amount of hands to clear the bonus, but it is not that hard to clear at Party. Just play solid poker!
Old 06-02-2005, 02:45 PM

Party Poker. Please let us know what tables you are playing at so we can... cheer you on.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If by higher limit you mean 1/2 and higher, then I would agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't most (all?) rakeback deals net of bonuses? So it really depends on how much rake you pay compared to how much you can collect in bonuses. If you bonus whore (only play when collecting bonus), you can play significantly higher than 1/2 and still make more than 25% rakeback in bonuses.

Someone please correct me if I've got this wrong. What I'm wondering is - is it possible to start a rakeback program after you've already started playing a site. I'm nearing the point where rakeback would be worth more than bonuses, but I don't want to just quit all the sites I play now and switch to new ones...

Thanks,
Nate