Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2005, 11:08 PM

Default Call this river all-in?

Here's a recent hand that I'd like some thoughts on?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">Batman ($63.45)</font>
BB ($42.7)
UTG ($62.13)
MP ($52.68)
<font color="#C00000">Button Riddler ($135.7)</font>

Preflop: Batman is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Batman posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $2</font>, MP calls $2, Riddler calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">Batman (poster) raises to $5.75</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, MP folds, Riddler calls $4.

Flop: ($16.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Batman bets $5</font>, Riddler calls $5.

Turn: ($26.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Batman bets $20</font>, Riddler calls $20.

River: ($66.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Batman checks, <font color="#CC3333">Riddler bets $33</font>, Batman...?

Do I call this? Any other comments?

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-01-2005, 11:25 PM

Default Re: Call this river all-in?

Villain has a set of 4s? That's a lot of calling without any kind of draw. Maybe he has KQ, but I think you're beat.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:40 PM

Feels like a call...unless you've got a read that he's very tight. You're getting 3:1 from the pot.

I'm curious why you didn't push it in on the river with trips and top kicker?
Old 06-01-2005, 11:53 PM

I think Hero should reraise more preflop or just call.

I just bet the river as he only has half the pot left, the way you played I call.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:23 AM

if you're going to raise pre-flop ... raise more ($11+)

i push the river in fear of villain checking behind
Old 06-02-2005, 10:55 AM

I agree with the pre-flop raise needing to be a bit larger, I'm a bit of a wimp with AK facing a raise+call.

Flop bet, figured I need to bet something and would then take the pot right there

WOW he called! Does he have KQ-, K4 or 44, or his he really hoping I don't have a K? I discount the K4. Perhaps he thinks I have A4 or a crappy K and he has a better one? Not as cofident but still think I have the best hand. Basically I'm way ahead or somewhat behind, worst case is 44 then I can probably double up if i get lucky.

Turn, not sure what I was trying to accomplish here any thoughts on how to play the turn?

River, not clear in the original post, but the $33 would put me all-in.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:17 AM

PF raise a bit more or don't raise. I prefer not raising, but it's not terrible. Flop, what's with the weak lead? Hoping to get raised? I like checking the turn personally and letting them try to steal, the way you played it I would do a little victory dance before calling the river.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with the pre-flop raise needing to be a bit larger, I'm a bit of a wimp with AK facing a raise+call.

Flop bet, figured I need to bet something and would then take the pot right there

WOW he called! Does he have KQ-, K4 or 44, or his he really hoping I don't have a K? I discount the K4. Perhaps he thinks I have A4 or a crappy K and he has a better one? Not as cofident but still think I have the best hand. Basically I'm way ahead or somewhat behind, worst case is 44 then I can probably double up if i get lucky.

Turn, not sure what I was trying to accomplish here any thoughts on how to play the turn?

River, not clear in the original post, but the $33 would put me all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless the converter is screwed up, or this is your last $33 in the whole world, you don't need to think twice about calling.

I don't think a single poster on these boards would advocate a fold here. It isn't even close. One of the easiest calls ever. You should have bet the river. Can I make this any clearer?
Old 06-02-2005, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think a single poster on these boards would advocate a fold here. It isn't even close. One of the easiest calls ever. You should have bet the river. Can I make this any clearer?

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding.

Preflop - if you are going to raise, you need to make it at least 8$ str8.

Flop - kinda like it. Could argue for a bigger bet.

Turn - looks good.

River - push. If he has any king, he's calling. If he doesn't have a king, he might call your push, but he's def gonna check behind if you give him that option.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:57 PM

Call so fast, I drop my mouse in the progress. What is beating you? Why did you check the river. If I were villain, I'd bet the river with AA, value betting, maybe even QQ. (I wouldn't have played the hand the same way tho of course) I would call here and jump up and down as I take the pot down.