Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2005, 07:50 AM

Default Re: My partypoker account is frozen (and not the normal freeze)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why are there so many stupid people on this site? You are playing on two accounts from two people on the same IP on the same PC I would be disapointed if they didnt notice and flag it up.

Why dont you play as yourself on both sites like lots of people here do?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not an unusual thing. There are tons of people that do this, trust me. Also, I am not playing these on the same tables or anything. They are just logged in side on the same computer playing different games. As far as party should be concerned, it is 2 different people. Noone is being hurt by this at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people just use their own name and information for all their accounts. You know, to avoid the whole fraud thing.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:50 AM

It seems like people are getting on this guys case for using his account and his girlfriends account at the same time, saying he should use two accounts under his own name. I know people do it all the time, but in the eyes of Party isn't it really the same violation?

Its not like you can install party+skin on the same computer without circumventing things a bit.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems like people are getting on this guys case for using his account and his girlfriends account at the same time, saying he should use two accounts under his own name. I know people do it all the time, but in the eyes of Party isn't it really the same violation?

Its not like you can install party+skin on the same computer without circumventing things a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are allowed to do this though, that is the difference. Don't kid yourself, party knows how many accounts you have, its not hard to tell when someone is 8-12 tabling, since they always play at the exact same time in the same types of games.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:45 AM

Well. Good news. After 3 days of my account being frozen and shuffling through the bullshit customer service idiots at partypoker, I finally got in touch with the head guy who had frozen my account and was apparently the only person who could talk to me about it. You dont know how many times I was talking to a customer service rep and asked to speak to a manager only to have them tell me that the manager was not available, so I would ask them several more times until they finally let me talk to the manager. (the managers speak better english).

Anyways, I finally get to talk to the guy and it turns out I haven't done anything wrong at all. They only froze my account because of someone who had transferred me money in the past (you wouldn't believe who that was if I told you). Apparently they have been having trouble getting ahold of this person and this person has ALOT of money on partypoker. So they started freezing all accounts associated with this person in any way. The guy said since I hadn't done anything wrong he was going to unfreeze my account, and I am supposed to be helping him get in touch with this other person.

God, I hate partypoker.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The guy said since I hadn't done anything wrong he was going to unfreeze my account, and I am supposed to be helping him get in touch with this other person.

[/ QUOTE ]

So they turned you into a snitch, eh?
Old 06-03-2005, 05:39 AM

LOL, no I wasn't snitching at all. I know this other person fairly well and they haven't been home and their cellphone got disconnected. So they aren't exactly an easy person to get ahold of. That person hasn't done anything wrong either, they were just worried about the security of that account (with the large sums of money in it) since they couldn't get ahold of the owner. I am simply helping that person know who to get in contact with, etc.

But the moral of the story is, partypoker sucks and I am not a cheater [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-03-2005, 05:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They only froze my account because of someone who had transferred me money in the past (you wouldn't believe who that was if I told you).

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on, now you have to tell us. Some WSOP guy?

-aron
Old 06-03-2005, 07:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Do that and your 2+2 ID really will be linked to your Party account name.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

-aron

[/ QUOTE ]

EXTRA EXTRA DAVID SKLANSKY IN PARTYPOKER SCANDAL!!!!
Old 06-03-2005, 08:23 AM

I use the same name, email, home address, etc on several skins. Eventually they will tell me not to, but for now it's no problem. Sometimes when opening tables on one skin I fail to notice that I'm already at the table on another skin. Their helpful software tells me I can't sit down. Oops. No harm, no foul, and I keep playing.

-Milo