Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2005, 05:01 PM

Default Qiutting your job in style

A co-worker of mine just quit today and he did it with style [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] He just went to the head of HR and said he got a job offer and that he was quitting effective immediately. No one in our group that he works in knew he was gone till our boss (who is a major prick) started paging him frantically when he wanted to hold one of his impromptu staff meetings that last for an hour and accomplish nothing. The HR manager had to come tell him that his client services manager just quit [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

He didn't even say goodbye, FU, I will miss you guys, NOTHING... just got up from his desk and walked out of the building.

Does anyone have any good stories about you or your co-workers quitting or getting fired (sacked for you Brits)from the job?
Old 06-01-2005, 05:13 PM

Default Re: Qiutting your job in style

in high school I worked at a local radio station (country station, rural southeast va). I was the board operator during NASCAR races, during which the station ran its own local commercials. I had to queue up the commercials, and switch the broadcast back and forth to and from the commercials when it was time.

one sunday night, a very important race got rain delayed, and it was like midnight when they restarted the race. there were like 20 laps to go, and there was only one more race left in the season. so, I figured I wasnt losing much by just switching the board back over to the country music and walking out, never to return.

not that cool a story until I was over at a friend's house the next week, and his dad was talking to some other guy, saying "yeah, dag nabbit, I was listenin to that there race fixin mah truck and the sumbitch just cut off! right near the end! the music just started playin, and the race wont there no mo!". since his dad didn't know I worked there, I figured I would let it slide. it did make me chuckle though.
Old 06-01-2005, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
since his dad didn't know I worked there, I figured I would let it slide.

[/ QUOTE ]

by this I hope you meant that you wisely kept your mouth shut so he didn't blow your head off in a moonshine-induced haze with his squirrel-hunting gun because you prevented him from finding out if Darrell Waltrip held onto his lead
Old 06-01-2005, 05:18 PM

I was a manager at a General Nutrition Center and the boss a step up from me the district manager was really on my ass. She was a total bitch.

No offense to women with somewhat decent positions, but the ones that feel like they have something to prove are the worst.

Anways, I came in to open the store one day and she was already on my ass about whatever. She mentioned how she had so much [censored] to do today and she was leaving for a flight in the evening. She went in the back office, I set my keys on the counter and walked out.

This is great because no store associates are available to work during the day until 5pm. So she had to either close the store for the day or stay there until 5 and work it herself.

My g/f said taht when she went to the mall at 4:30 she was still there.

[censored] that whore.
Old 06-01-2005, 05:30 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

In the archives I posted my last day at work. "Showdown with the boss..." I think it was called.

Take a gander if you can find it.

b
Old 06-01-2005, 05:31 PM

this was after you won that BBJ, right? I remember that post, it was a great read.
Old 06-01-2005, 05:36 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

here it is.

Im getting good at searching the archives. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

See ya, boss!!!
Old 06-02-2005, 06:46 AM

I drove a van for an airport shuttle service. Mostly kids and old retired guys worked there. My car broke down, and one of the old guys was giving me a ride to work. He was being laid off, and had to go into the office to drop off his uniforms and other company property.

We chatted pleasantly the entire ride. When we got out of the car, I thanked him for the lift. He seemed distracted. He took a deep breath, and went inside with me.

We got into the office, and he immediately laid into the office manager, calling her every foul name he could think of. This was surreal. This little old guy was the nicest guy you would ever want to meet. He was going crazy.

The dispatcher came over to calm him down, but the old guy just turned on the dispatcher, calling him some choice words, and wanting to go outside with the guy.

I just sat back and watched, smiling.

When he finally left, everyone was flabbergasted.

Not me. I saw what he was doing. He was going to collect unemployment for being laid off, and he didn't want to get called back to work. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I did some community theather after high school, but that old guy put on the best performance I've ever seen.

The last job I quit (I gave notice, left on good terms, nothing dramatic), the boss asked me to write a letter of resignation. That was a first for me.

Later in the day, I saw him at lunch, and told him, "I put that letter on your desk, let me know if it's worded the way you want it."

The body of the very formal-looking letter read as follows:

Dear (Boss),

You can take this job, and shove it!

Sincerely,

(youtalkfunny)
Old 06-02-2005, 07:24 AM

when I quit my job, I just never went back. I didn't even pick up my last pay check.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:30 AM

I started a really shitty job once, "popped out" for a smoke break on my first morning, and never came back.... Very liberating.