Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2005, 04:29 PM

Default The point is not \"getting information\"

The point is "getting used to it".

I'll let others elaborate.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:38 PM

Default Bad Question

Do even pose the question whether Gitmo should be closed you have to believe the news stories are credible. Based on the Newsweek gossip peice that was discredited, I'm surprised that anyone believes anything from these jokers. Their story was a lie and now they're trying to save face by saying the Koran has been "abused". OK, so tell us what the abuse is? 'Duhhhhhhh! We don't know but there has been abuse'. We have CBS lying about forged documents on fax paper... Jeez! The mainstream press is having an organism over any story that can be used to embarass the Bush43 admin. I think 90% of the Gitmo stories are at best gossip and at worst complete lies. The terrorists in and out of custody have a HUGE propaganda incentive to lie about abuse to fire up the muslims against the world against the USA. The US mainstream press have been willing accomplices to spread these stories.

The torture allegations are bull****. Has there been abuse? Probably, when you have prisoners who want murder Americans and American Marines are guarding them, it would be a MIRACLE if there no abuse. By the way, has there ever been a prison in the history of mankind where prisoners have nver been abused at anytime? If there is is. Let me know because it would be a first.

Gitmo holds terrorists who have a jihad against the USA.
Should these human debris be released so they can start killing again? Please! We need to take away ALL Korans the prisoners have at Gitmo. An act of kindness and respect is being used to attack the USA through blanted lies and propaganda. Take away they Korans and we take away one of their #1 propganda tool. By the way, this is a sterotype but it seems to me Muslims have the highest percentage of liars than any other culture. E.g. we have Muslims teaching their children that Jews kill Palestinian children and use their blood to make bread. Jeez. Those muslims have to be very stupid to tell that lie and even MORE stupid to believe it. Their lies about Korans being flushed does justice to their reputation as the worlds most prolific liars in the world....
Old 06-01-2005, 10:06 PM

Default Re: Bad Question

[ QUOTE ]
Based on the Newsweek gossip peice that was discredited,

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes, you wonder if some people live in an isolated bubble only coming out once every couple of weeks to post messages on a message forum.

Everyone else wonders why that person seems so far off and sheltered from the news.

[ QUOTE ]
The torture allegations are bull****.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know why the FBI released their own report which mentioned that we had tortured people to death. You know the wacky FBI... always bull****ing us.

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, this is a sterotype but it seems to me Muslims have the highest percentage of liars than any other culture.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think its a stereotype considering you're the only person I've ever heard say that. Sounds like its your own bigotted creation.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:08 PM

pronouns, adverbs, and prepositions -

they're your friend - use them - or don't that teach that in Bush Country. - He can get away with bad grammar - you can't.

RB
Old 06-01-2005, 10:48 PM

Default Re: The point is not \"getting information\"

I guess I would make an exception - anyone using the phrase, "I'll let others elaborate" should be thrown in gitmo.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do even pose the question whether Gitmo should be closed you have to believe the news stories are credible.

[/ QUOTE ]It is not disputed that 100 prisoners have died in U.S. custody. It is not disputed that Gitmo has been open for 3 years and that prisoners have been held that long without any trial. It is not disputed that there has been abuse.

That alone is enough to disturb me greatly.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:58 PM

Default Re: Can anyone make a strong case for Gitmo?

Call them unlawful enemy combatants or any other term you want to use. It doesnt change a damn thing and it doesnt make what the Bush Administration is doing right.

Additionally, the Bush adminstration has confined prisoners who are not enemy combatants and who were wrongly accused. How do we protect their rights or dont we care?

If you want to convict someone then freakin convict them. It would be quite easy to hold fair trials with independent oversite without jeapordizing national security interests.

You are not troubled that potentially innocent men have been locked up for 3 years without a fair trial? You dont think that is torture?
Old 06-01-2005, 11:14 PM

Default Re: The point is not \"getting information\"

Agree 100%
Old 06-01-2005, 11:32 PM

I feel a deep and deliberate conviction that there are many cases in which the trial by jury is an ineligible one. I think it so particularly in cases which concern the public peace with foreign nations that is, in most cases where the question turns wholly on the laws of nations. Of this nature, among others, are all prize causes. Juries cannot be supposed competent to investigations that require a thorough knowledge of the laws and usages of nations; and they will sometimes be under the influence of impressions which will not suffer them to pay sufficient regard to those considerations of public policy which ought to guide their inquiries.

publius
Old 06-01-2005, 11:45 PM

secret detentions, no jury trials, torture, abuse, no accountability... murder: 'ol Fidel must be staring wistfully at the american base and wondering why we've been criticizing his human rights record for all these years.

i personally cannot believe it's so called 'conservatives' that support all this nonsense.