Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2005, 03:47 PM

Default Multi-tabling

I've been reading about people playing 4 tables and more quite often on these fourms. My question is, how do you actually keep up with so many windows at once having lots of decisions hit you quickly from multiple directions? It seems that it would be a real hassle to manage. Do you use some sort of program that folds you unless hands in a particular range get dealt to you or something? Just trying to get an idea how people are able to keep up with that much at once.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:50 PM

Default Re: Multi-tabling

You get used to it.

Most of the time you should only be playing 1 out of 4 tables, anyway. (Flops seen ~25%)

-d
Old 06-01-2005, 03:50 PM

Practice. 4-tables doesn't move as fast as you think, most of the time.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:52 PM

Try using this

disclaimer: This isn't a jerk post or a flame - just try searching through many topics previously posted and answered on the exact topic you're looking for information on.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:57 PM

It depends where you are playing:

If you are playing on Party or Paradise for instance, you can get a 1600X1200 resolution monitor and set it to the max resolution and you can display all four tables on your screen.

If your on ultimate bet - you can paly on the mini table display and also have all 4 boards displayed on your screen.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Try using this

disclaimer: This isn't a jerk post or a flame - just try searching through many topics previously posted and answered on the exact topic you're looking for information on.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. That cracked me up a bit.

But, anyway.. I only can play a maximum of 4 tables. Reason being, because they overlap on my monitor.. and because at 5 tables my game goes bad. I would definetely try 2 tables if you've never done it. Start with lower stakes.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Try using this

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I would have done but every time I try to run the search function, all I get is a blank window that pops up.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:20 PM

I recently started 8-tabling and its really not that bad. As its been said, you rarely play more than 2 tables at a time (25% flop seen) and even then you fold a lot of hands on the flop. Hell im posting this as I 8-table! haha. Of course I play micro/small stakes where reads are nigh-impossible with all the fish.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Try using this

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I would have done but every time I try to run the search function, all I get is a blank window that pops up.

[/ QUOTE ]

try entering:

+multi-tabling

in the search box. Give it a few seconds to search - the page will be blank for a few seconds and then will appear with the results.
Old 06-01-2005, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Try using this

[/ QUOTE ]

In defense of the poster here. The search function on this board sucks donk penises.