Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2005, 04:10 PM

Default Re: Fold to this CR?

hmm...i think the one thing i kept going back to was the preflop raise and was thinking he most likely had starters he could scoop with...A-2 double suited is the likely preflop raise scenario but i guess his flop/turn play made me suspicious, and i'd think even if he had the suited Ace there's a good chance it wasnt a heart. With 7 players in on the flop, the nut flush draw, a non qualifying board and checks all around...his wait til the turn paid off...as did his CR on the turn. Im surprised BB called down with his 6h7h though...but not surprised you did especially with the Kh on the board.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:13 AM

Default Re: Fold to this CR?

Not sure what kind of read you have on either of the other players. This is a strange way for UTG+1 to play the hand. Although it is suspicious, it should be less likely that he is bluffing into two opponents that have already put in one bet.

The pot is already up to 11BB and if the Big Blind calls here and on the river the pot will be 16BB. It will cost you 2BB to get to the river to win 14BB. So you are getting 7 to 1. If UTG+1 is bluffing or betting a worse hand more than one out of 8 times you will make a profit by calling.

Unless he has shown that he is a bad player, I would tend to give him credit for the nut flush and fold to his check raise. But it is probably a close call. You can always hit the miracle Jh and may be able to extract many bets with your straight flush if he has the Ace high flush.