Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2005, 12:35 PM

Default Fold to this CR?

Absolute 1/2 Omaha/8 (9 handed).

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
I just posted so I already have 1SB in the pot.

UTG calls, UTG+1 raises, 2 callers, I call, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (7 players)
Checks all the way around.

Turn: (7 BB) 10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (7 players)
Checked all the way to me. I bet, BB calls, UTG+1 raises. Now what?

I was very confused at this point. I really didn’t think that after checking around on the flop someone with the nut flush would look to CR on the turn. It is especially suspicious that the pre-flop raiser is the one that CRed me.

If is going to cost me 2BB and the final pot will be 14-18 BB. UTG+1 has been selectively very aggressive, and BB is the worlds worst calling station. WWYD?

1/2 is playing much more aggressively then .5/1 was and I am still trying to adjust. In .5/1 I would lay this down almost every time and I wasn’t sure about 1/2.

Also does anyone bet that flop?
Old 06-01-2005, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Fold to this CR?

He can’t make that play without the Ah (or a healthy dose of insanity). The question is whether he’s got another heart to go with it or not. I’d look at his W$SD #s to decide. But err on calling him down as that smells a lot more like a dry Ah bluff than the nutflush. You’re getting 11:1 right now, so likely 7:1 to see showdown, so could he have dry Ah 16% of the time?
Old 06-01-2005, 01:29 PM

I think your hand is good often enough here to call down. My guess is that UTG+1 probably has a wrap hand like AKQJ (non-hearts) and made the nut straight on the turn. He checked fearing a flush, but when it got checked around to you in late position, your bet looked like a steal so he check-raises to try to drive out any baby flushes in between you guys. At least that makes a lot more sense to me than trying to check-raise with the nut-flush. Gooper, you're getting something like 8:1 effective odds on a call-down (Pot will be ~ 16 BBs by the river, you'll need to put in ~ 2 more BBs to see a showdown). With the suspicious way UTG+1 has played this hand, I think that's more than enough odds to justify calling down here.

I check that flop also.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:54 PM

Check flop, call turn/river.

Did you use to play as gooper on PP?
Old 06-01-2005, 02:53 PM

I think you have the best hand ... I'd check the flop...and call it thru on the turn and river here. I'd be gambling that UTG+1 hit a nut straight on the turn and raised here because he thinks he can scare off any low flushes who may feel their hands are up against the nuts..
Old 06-01-2005, 02:56 PM

I go along with the check-call for the reasons already given. Yeah, you're going to lose some, but the number of times the CR is just a hail mary will easily pay them off.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:23 PM

I would call it down. A checkraise would be an awfully strange way to play the nut flush, and the pot is big enough to make calling worthwhile, IMO.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:39 PM

Thanks for the input guys. I called the raise then called his river bet (so did BB).

UTG+1 showed Ah, 2h and BB showed 6h 7h. I mucked and was left shaking my head.

I think that UTG+1 played that hand horribly and got lucky BB and I hand the hands that we did. Anyone here play that hand the way that he did?
Old 06-01-2005, 03:54 PM

I don't think that I am playing at any of the party skins as GooperMC, but I do play Absolute, Paradise, Stars, ... as GooperMC.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I’d look at his W$SD #s to decide

[/ QUOTE ]
unfortunately this wasn't at party so I didn't have PlayerView to help me decide [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]