Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2005, 01:18 PM

Default Re: I WANT A 20 PERSON TEXAS HOLD\'EM TABLE

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

So you'd like to play a game where you can have AA preflop and be drawing completely dead? (Note: this can happen with as few as 12 players)

No thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

drawing dead with AA pf? What are you talking about?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can think of one situation off the top of my head. You have AA, player 2 has AA. player 3 has 22, player 4 has 33, ..., player 14 has KK. Player 15 also has KK. All the players' pairs have the same 2 suits as your aces. You're drawing dead :P

[/ QUOTE ]

So what happens when you have A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and the board reads

J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ???

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-01-2005, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

So you'd like to play a game where you can have AA preflop and be drawing completely dead? (Note: this can happen with as few as 12 players)

No thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can think of one situation off the top of my head. You have AA, player 2 has AA. player 3 has 22, player 4 has 33, ..., player 14 has KK. Player 15 also has KK. All the players' pairs have the same 2 suits as your aces. You're drawing dead :P

[/ QUOTE ]

So what happens when you have A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and the board reads

J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ???

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In case its not clear, the part in bold means that you couldn't have that board. If only nine of your oppenents had a diamond in their hand you couldn't make a diamond flush.

--Zetack
Old 06-01-2005, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

No thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't happen as described above because all those diamonds can't be on board. Here it is spelled out:

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
P2: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
P3: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
P4: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
P5: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
P6: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
P7: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
P8: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
P9: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
P10: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
P11: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
P12: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
P13: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
P14: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
P15: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

You can't improve to anything but a wheel, but you're beaten by the 6's. Everyone with 22-QQ is guarenteed to improve on the flop.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:12 PM

They should give it 4 blinds. 2chips, 3 chips, and two 4 chip-blinds and then also allow a live-straddle. The action would be nice.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:25 PM

Why not make it 23 players, two cards each, five on board and muck the last card face up?
Old 06-01-2005, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You can't improve to anything but a wheel, but you're beaten by the 6's. Everyone with 22-QQ is guarenteed to improve on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone won't improve, but surely some people will. But that doesnt matter, raise PF. You'd still be fine going allin preflop with those darn aces.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:35 PM

Default In 20 hand table, all players could act simultaneously.

[ QUOTE ]
There is no reason to limit the game to ten players online.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's also no reason players have to act in order, from UTG to the button.

All players could be prompted to choose their action at the same time, and after everyone has made a choice, the server could announce all actions simultaneously. That would make a 20 hand (or even a 10 hand) game go a lot faster. Might be an interesting game!
Old 06-01-2005, 04:44 PM

For sites like WilliamHill that pay the bonus hourly? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-01-2005, 05:11 PM

You still have some equity though.

Board: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 06-01-2005, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You still have some equity though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just make the pocket 5s and Ts black. You still can't hit your flush, and it kills the straight flush equidy.