Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2005, 03:27 AM

Default 5/10 NL turn play

6-handed, it's a fairly TAG table. i'm in the BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. UTG min-raises to $20, MP calls, CO calls, button folds, SB folds, i call.

flop is Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
i check, UTG bets $25, MP calls, CO folds, i call.

turn 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
i lead out for $80. i have about $500 behind, UTG has $400, MP has $750.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:33 AM

Default Re: 5/10 NL turn play

Seems pretty obvious you're on a heart draw (or slowplaying a set), which is why I hate to play flush/str8 draws against 1 or 2 players from the blinds/early position. Even if you hit, you're not likely to get paid off often enough against average opponents.

But I doubt he suspects any 2 to be another one of your outs.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:39 AM

Default Re: 5/10 NL turn play

[ QUOTE ]
6-handed, it's a fairly TAG table. i'm in the BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. UTG min-raises to $20, MP calls, CO calls, button folds, SB folds, i call.

flop is Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
i check, UTG bets $25, MP calls, CO folds, i call.

turn 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
i lead out for $80. i have about $500 behind, UTG has $400, MP has $750.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you trying to price yourself in to calling a push from either player (or being able to reraise enough to get all in)? You have relative position on the aggressor, I'd see what develops here. One straight draw just made, and given UTG's weak flop bet I'm not sure he has much of a hand (or perhaps he has a monster).

Before you make this bet, you need to decide if you're betting here to take down the pot sensing weakness in your opponents, or trying to price yourself in to getting all in.

If the former is true, I like a bigger bet (the pot is $150ish by my count), and if the latter is true you need to decide what type of action from your opponents you're looking for. Your stack isn't big enough to do a c/r all in, because you'll have almost no folding equity. But by leading ou for the amount that you did, if UTG (who probably doesn't have much of a hand) folds and MP pushes, you can't really call.

Do you have reads on either player? In particular, I thought UTG's weak flop bet was suspect. Can you reasonably put MP on a hand like KJh or KTh, being first to call an open raise?

The Doc