Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2005, 03:14 PM

Default Re: Mind Tricks

I only do this at home games, never at a real game. Seems to work well against fish because they cant read me anyway. That said, getting people to fold if they think i have a strong hand is better so they wont suck me out and if they think im bluffing theyll still get screwed. Either way i win.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I only do this at home games, never at a real game. Seems to work well against fish because they cant read me anyway. That said, getting people to fold if they think i have a strong hand is better so they wont suck me out and if they think im bluffing theyll still get screwed. Either way i win.

[/ QUOTE ]

I died a little when I read the last couple sentences there.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
getting people to fold if they think i have a strong hand is better so they wont suck me out and if they think im bluffing theyll still get screwed. Either way i win.

[/ QUOTE ]

HEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAW
Old 05-31-2005, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in the british poker open, i saw devilfish do a nice trick. someone raised him, and after a while thinking, he said 'ill just put my chips here' and pushed his chips so they were almost on the bet line, all the while studying his opponent's face.

[/ QUOTE ]

Out of curiosity blaze, since this was a british event, weren't the normal (horrid IMO) british rules against "cheating by word of mouth", i.e. coffeehousing during a hand that are officially in use in cash games, applied here?
Old 05-31-2005, 09:24 PM

Suprisingly, for masters such as myself, this also works online.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:01 AM

i agree, what would happen if someone did this to you? or you did it to someone who knew the trick?
Old 06-02-2005, 06:04 AM

When I make a good size raise in early position I like to throw my hat in the air and shout "halleluyah praise the lord I finally found a raising hand". When I'm on the button with a raiser in front of me and I go all in I like to pull the water pistol out of my pocket, set it on the table, glare the raiser straight in the eye and in my best Clint Eastwood imitation gravelly voice say, "go ahead, make my day".

I don't know how this affects my opponents but I find it keeps me nicely off balance.

PairTheBoard
Old 06-02-2005, 10:38 AM

Or they'll think your bluffing and raise you. How do you handle a raise in this situation? The trick all of a sudden back-fires...

"are they raising because they have me dominated, or because they think i'm bluffing?"
Old 06-02-2005, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for teaching me your mischevious strategy. I hope to use it against you, one day. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-03-2005, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I died a little when I read the last couple sentences there.

[/ QUOTE ]

The OP needs to spend less time devising psychological tricks and more time studying basic poker strategy.