Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2005, 11:51 AM

Default AKs Versus the Min/Small-Reraise

Twice last night I ran into similar situations with AKs, and thought I would post these hands to see how people handle similar situations and what they find that the min-reraise means. To me it has always meant strength, especially into multiple players, but for the same reason it says to me "hee haw" because what hand do you want to play muliway versus previous raisers who can just call your miniraise and see a flop? I guess I just hate these pot-sweetener type hands. Ok, to the hands...

----------

Hand 1:

$22 Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (8 handed) converter

SB (t630)
Hero (t830)
UTG (t830)
UTG+1 (t2490)
MP1 (t880)
MP2 (t1015)
CO (t865)
Button (t460)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls t50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to t100</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t150</font>, SB folds, Hero???

----------

Hand 2:

$22 Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (10 handed) converter

SB (t1445)
BB (t567)
Hero (t905)
UTG+1 (t785)
UTG+2 (t770)
MP1 (t688)
MP2 (t695)
MP3 (t830)
CO (t450)
Button (t865)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t90</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls t90, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to t200</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero???

Assume no/weak reads, which probably means infrequent player at 22s, due to my not huge, but ok database of who frequent good players are.
Old 05-30-2005, 01:12 PM

Default Re: AKs Versus the Min/Small-Reraise

I push both hands. I don't like calling because you could very-well gett re-raised and raising pot committs you too much.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I push both hands. I don't like calling because you could very-well gett re-raised and raising pot committs you too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone else? This isn't usually the line I take, but I'm thinking maybe it should be. Do I see AQ or AJ often enough, or more often than KK or AA vs the min-reraise? (assuming vs a normal reraise or simply HU i push.)
Old 05-31-2005, 10:20 AM

Hand 1: I am less concerned about AA or KK here. I see this donk combo of min raise followed by min reraise all the time.

This is a habitual offense by many players and when I see them do it I take note of it (often this has come out on level 1 and I bet if you looked at the hand history you may find this player doing it earlier).

The note they get is min raiser and I also type in 'nt'.

IF ANYONE CAN GUESS WHAT 'NT' STANDS BY NOON TODAY I WILL TRANSFER THEM $5 to their STARS account.

Regardless I push here.

Hand 2: this hand has me much more concerned for AA or KK. I prob call and check raise all in if A,K or flush draw flops and fold to a flop bet if unimproved.

MrX
Old 05-31-2005, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

IF ANYONE CAN GUESS WHAT 'NT' STANDS BY NOON TODAY I WILL TRANSFER THEM $5 to their STARS account.

[/ QUOTE ]

"No Talent"? (or "no talent ass clown"? but i guess that would be NTAC) I don't need the $5, but that's my guess.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"No Talent"? (or "no talent ass clown"? but i guess that would be NTAC) I don't need the $5, but that's my guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

good guess, but incorrect

Come on this should be easy
Old 05-31-2005, 10:56 AM

nice trap= nt, stars name is Junaid0
Old 05-31-2005, 10:56 AM

No Testicles
Old 05-31-2005, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nice trap= nt, stars name is Junaid0

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not a nice trap, the min rse prices everyone in to outflop them with deep stacks at least. This is referring specifically to min raises on levels 1 and 2.

Does anyone here do this min raise routinely. (This is a hint to the meaning of 'nt')
Old 05-31-2005, 11:04 AM

I definitely push both. AA or KK wouldn't use a min raise in that situation, I think you'd be looking at A-Q A-J or a mid pair at best