Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2005, 07:06 PM

Default Re: hand from opponnets point of view

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would have called the river to see what Ace a tight, reasonable player cold-called my raise with preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

AQo, AJs.

[/ QUOTE ]
yes those are the aces i would cold call with.
Old 05-29-2005, 08:00 PM

Ok this is what really happened though. In retrospect I don't know if my play was brilliant or if I was very lucky. I have played about 15-20 hours with the villian and have seen him open raise from mp with hands as weak as QJs and medium pairs. So when its folded to me I look down and see 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Folding seems out of the question since I might have the best hand and feel like I have a good read on him and of course position. I thought about 3 betting but decided against it because the SB folded before I acted and the BB is very predictable. On the flop I raised because I know he would automatically bet the flop without an ace and I'm almost positive he would reraise me with any ace he would open raise with. So I figured a raise on the cheap street makes him pay if hes behind and lets me know if I'm behind, unless he's slowplaying AA or 66. When he called my raise I was pretty sure he didn't have an A and assumed he called to save face with broadway cards or to see if he gets lucky with a medium pair. When the J hits on the turn and he checks I feel I have to bet again to keep representing the A and give him a chance to fold. After he calls though I am pretty sure I'm in trouble since there seems to be no draws available. Either he caught the J or has QQ, KK and is going to call me all the way down. Either way I'm pretty sure he is going to call a river bet so I plan on probably giving up on the river unless I catch a 4. But on the river something amazing happens before he checks he takes the card protector off and picks up his card in an awkard manner as if to start throwing them away so I reach for my chips and before they reach the middle he folds his hand face up.
Old 05-29-2005, 08:19 PM

Much better to 3-bet preflop.
Old 05-31-2005, 01:57 AM

Nh [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]