Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2005, 12:45 AM

Default Re: Can\'t just be bad luck

They all look good except the last one. Just call the turn in the last one, semibluff plays don't really work that well in low limit games.
Old 05-31-2005, 12:50 AM

Hand 1: No, don't slowplay this, unless you think the guy would be on a stone bluff a reasonable amount of time (ie. don't let him fold his bluff). In general, just bet and raise with glee because he will call.
Hand 2: You need to get reads to play hands like this optimally. I don't mind how you played this hand, but I can imagine folding the turn against some players.
Hand 3: Bet the flop. There is some chance you have the best hand, there is a chance you fold out both hands that have 6 outs to beat you, and there's also a chance that the king on board scares them into folding hands that are beating you (a 3, a pocket pair, maybe even a 9). Since you didn't, and UTG is deciding to bet the board pairing turn, I don't like your raise. He usually has some part of the board, and will not fold it to your raise (he will 3-bet sometimes, too). See if you hit an ace or a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the river.
Old 05-31-2005, 12:50 AM

I see he posted more hands, these are in response to the OP...

The first hand I think you played as well as you could have. Not much you could do in a situation like that.

The second hand, again I think you played this one pretty well.

The third hand, depending on my reads on these guys I think I might fold this turn with it two back to me. It's obvious the J helped both of these guys as they call the flop and come alive on the turn. 4 to a straight is not the kind of flop you like to see w/AA even when you flop a 3rd ace. Preflop and on the flop you made the right moves, not much you can do when someone is calling two cold on the flop with a gutshot. But I would not call two to me on the river no matter what the reads and certainly not two more again, the river on this one would cost you 100 hands worth of profit for a good player at this level...

Hand 4, I probably fold preflop. But once you flop a flush you have to play it like its the nuts. I might call the flop raise and then checkraise the turn. But I am certainly trying to get a lot of money in the pot as soon as possible and certainly don't worry too much with the A high flush. At the conclusion of that hand I might thank the tard with the A high flush for saving me money...
Old 05-31-2005, 01:05 AM

What makes you think that a 9 will fold here?
Old 05-31-2005, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 4.25 BB

I hit my set and barely made crap, should I have slowplayed this? As of tonight, I am actually losing money with 99.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, SB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9 BB

AJs has been the most unprofitable hand in my whole databse amazingly.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, UTG calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

Thanks a lot for all the replies so far. It is all gold.

-Freddie

[/ QUOTE ]

The first hand I play it the same and hope he bets into me again on the turn. I would then raise the turn. But by calling the flop I think you increase the chance that you will make a BB off of him. But he was probably just defending his BB liberally, came up empty and was hoping you had an Ax, Kx, or PP that whiffed on the flop and you would fold. Be thankful you even got a .5 BB out of him if he had squat. The long run is a long way away and 99 will wind up being profitable for you. The way you played your two pocket 9 hands I would say you have no issues with playing this hand properly.

Second hand, why call the turn and fold the river? Depending on your read on MP1, you could have probably folded the turn. Or go ahead and raise the turn and see how he reacts. By calling you are committing 2 BB into the pot if you ask me. YOu ahve not outs to improve over a flush and only a few to improve over two pair. I would probably call down if I'm calling this turn, and am only calling this turn if MP1 is an aggressive player.

I think you were a little overagressive on the last hand. Raising doesn't accomplish much. Your outs to the A and J are both dirty because of a paired board and only the A is an overcard. You have a roughly 6 to 1 shot to make a flush and with implied odds a call here is a given. Better yet a call may keep the other guy in and add another bet to your odds. And then check/fold the river UI.