Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2005, 01:46 PM

Default This has to be chip dumping, right?

This is just before final table. What do you make of the all-in and the call? I saw much of reserverdog's play, and he definitely would not make this call just for the hell of it. There were a couple of other raise/reraise plays between them before that seemed a little off, but they weren't at the table together long enough for me to be sure they were working together.

So I reported this. Is there anyone that would not have?

***** Hand History for Game 2128725136 *****
200/400 TourneyTexasHTGameTable (NL) (Tournament 12659438) - Mon May 30 12:35:42 EDT 2005
Table 3 - Table(351583) Table 2 (Real Money) -- Seat 7 is the button
Total number of players : 5
Seat 1: phebarounder (3760)
Seat 4: reservordog (2540)
Seat 5: spyborg (2850)
Seat 6: OKNNC (3455)
Seat 7: JAYPOW (4655)
phebarounder posts big blind (200)
** Dealing down cards **
reservordog calls (200)
spyborg folds.
OKNNC calls (200)
JAYPOW folds.
phebarounder raises (3560) to 3760
phebarounder is all-In.
reservordog calls (2340)
reservordog is all-In.
OKNNC folds.
Creating Main Pot with $5280 with reservordog
Creating Side Pot 1 with $1220 with phebarounder
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 4h, 2s, Ah ]
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 2h ]
** Dealing River ** : [ 8s ]
** Summary **
Main Pot: 5280 | Side Pot 1: 1220
Board: [ 4h 2s Ah 2h 8s ]
phebarounder balance 6500, bet 3760, collected 6500, net +2740 [ Th Ts ] [ two pairs, tens and twos -- Ah,Th,Ts,2s,2h ]
reservordog balance 0, lost 2540 [ 9c Td ] [ a pair of twos -- Ah,Td,9c,2s,2h ]
spyborg balance 2850, didn't bet (folded)
OKNNC balance 3255, lost 200 (folded)
JAYPOW balance 4655, didn't bet (folded)
Old 05-30-2005, 01:54 PM

Default Re: This has to be chip dumping, right?

misclicks happen all the time.
Old 05-30-2005, 02:06 PM

I don't think it was a misclick because right before the hand, pheba said something like, "it's lonely up here" because he was the only one on that side of the table. Then right after the cards were dealt, reservordog said "don't worry you'll have plenty of company soon, you'll join the losers"... I'm paraphrasing, but it's pretty close. I know that kind of chat happens a lot, but in conjunction with that call it just smells a bit funny.
Old 05-30-2005, 02:16 PM

I called off 75% of my stack in a SnG with 72o. Flop was 99x and I had trips. I thought.
Old 05-30-2005, 02:32 PM

Well, considering that this was pre-flop, and he only had two cards to cause him possible confusion, I don't think your situation applies to him. Based on his chatting, he was alert enough to tell cards apart. And even if he was using a two-color deck, his cards would have been red and black, so he couldn't have thought he was suited...

And there was absolutely no comment from either player after the hand was over. In my experience, players usually say something about their misreads and misclicks.

I'm getting the sense that people don't think it was chip dumping, so... I guess I'm gonna get back to playing and wait to hear yea or nay from Party.
Old 05-30-2005, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm getting the sense that people don't think it was chip dumping, so... I guess I'm gonna get back to playing and wait to hear yea or nay from Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you report this stuff you must spend more time writing mails than actually playing.
Old 05-30-2005, 02:53 PM

what was the buy-in

dog was short stack an may just have decided to gamble with his 9-10. i have seen worse plays but to really make a proper call as to whether it is chip-dumping it would help to know what kind of money dog had at stake.

if it was a 2 table, $5 sitNgo, it would not worry me. if it was a $250, 800 player event, then it is more shady.
Old 05-30-2005, 02:59 PM

At this point in the tournament (~15 players left (I'm guessing, could be 11), 100/200 blinds, top 5 pay), is having one 6500 player better than two 4260/2340 players? I really have no idea, but I don't see how it is.
Old 05-30-2005, 05:03 PM

If they are working together and this is their way of doing it then good luck to them...seriously.

The strategy of dumping chips to a partner is not unheard of, but it is a poor strategy and is never used by sophisticated cheats. Do the EV calculation on the play - if you were cheating in this fashion do you really gain much if anything? It's a well known fact that the more chips that you have the less they are worth.

The main problem is that the remaining "partner" has to make money for the play to suceed. Two heads are better than one especially when at the same table sharing hole cards -- just from the perspective of a cheat.

I think in my experience with Stars (near 2yrs) I don't think I have found one pair exploiting this "strategy".

We find many players sharing hole cards, and passing chips to keep each other alive and in the event... and they get "educated" as appropriate -- as you all know from various emails about our proactive collusion.

Just my 2cs,

Ellis