Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2005, 11:31 AM

Default Re: I just started playing on Interpoker-have some questions

Agree that new players should be warned about the higher rake at all but the smaller stakes games there.

However, it was my impression that a couple of the posters thought £ rake was always higher than the $ rake. In fact, as shown in my post with rake calculations further down in this thread, for pots under the 60$ (30£) level, you actually pay less rake on average (on average about .125$ per pot). This usually outweighs those few times the pot reaches 70$ (35£) in the .5/1 and 1/2 limit games. (And btw 70$/35£ is the sucker trigger point, not 60$/30£. No additional rake is takes before 35£ is reached)

The reason i feel this should be made clear is that on the Cryptos, especially after the introduction of .25/.5 games and .5/1 games, many of the £ games are very good. From my experience so far, the .5£/1£ games are a lot better than the 1$/2$ games there. So telling people to stay away from all £ tables regardless, even the .5£/1£ tables, is in my opinion bad advice.
Old 05-30-2005, 11:57 AM

Default Re: I just started playing on Interpoker-have some questions

The reason i feel this should be made clear is that on the Cryptos, especially after the introduction of .25/.5 games and .5/1 games, many of the £ games are very good. From my experience so far, the .5£/1£ games are a lot better than the 1$/2$ games there. So telling people to stay away from all £ tables regardless, even the .5£/1£ tables, is in my opinion bad advice.

Yes, if we think we are so good that we can differentiate between the qualities of players playing £0.50/£1.00 and those playing $1.00/$2.00, then you are right if we are of the look after number one mould, which I guess most poker players are.

I suppose it's a pointless campaign that I'm proposing, to tell everyone to stay away from the pound tables, even though they will "improve" the equivalent dollar tables by moving there.

However, the bad news is that the sites won't change their overall extortionate £-tables rake philosophy if we continue to play on them, either as the sharks or as the fish.

Perhaps we should just accept whatever the sites shovel on top of us without any fuss or complaint in the public internet poker forums?