Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2005, 06:50 AM

Default Continuation Bet??

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (10 handed) converter

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Button ($394)
SB ($342.1)
Hero ($1140.45)
UTG ($484.35)
UTG+1 ($332.2)
UTG+2 ($589.7)
MP1 ($527.2)
MP2 ($242.2)
MP3 ($402.9)
CO ($463.2)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $13</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $28</font>, MP2 calls $15.

Flop: ($58) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villain is aggressive pre-flop but mostly in LP. I also think that he has a good hand here or he would have raised a little more if he was trying to steal blinds with something like Axs. I would normally make a continuation bet here but with the pre-flop action I don't see any way that I'm ahead or would make him fold a better hand. I think there's a good chance he has AA,AK,AQ,QQ. None of which he's getting away from. Do I just let this go??
Old 05-30-2005, 07:45 AM

Default Re: Continuation Bet??

Firstly, you should have raised more, like to $40. As to the semibluff, you might actually have the best hand, and I would bet around 60% of the pot, being prepared to check the turn if called and then decide. He doesn't have to have an ace, and if you check, unless he is afraid you would check trip As, he is then going to try to steal with any hand if he is aggressive, being able to put you correctly on KK/QQ. Also, if you believe he is aggressive enough to bet if checked to most of the time, you could also try a checkraise if he is capable of folding something like AJs fearing AK.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:12 AM

Default Re: Continuation Bet??

You're absolutely right about pre flop. Even when typing up my post I was wondering why I didnt raise more pre flop. If I was him there's not many hands I wouldnt call $15 more with with position. This would have helped me get a better read on him and a better grip on the hand