Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Aint No Holla Back Girl

[ QUOTE ]
First hand he opens from the CO I call with 77 and so do two EP limpers and the BB. Flop comes QJ7 Q7 are clubs. Checks around. Turn comes 2s, putting two spades on board. He bets 150, I make it 500 with 1600 behind and fold to his all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sincerely hope this is a joke post like Zeejustin's.
Old 05-29-2005, 01:15 PM

In hand 1 I really think you need to bet.

Hand 2: Hypothetically speaking, if he bet the turn, what would your play have been? I like the river call.
Old 05-29-2005, 04:38 PM

don't you wish you could switch your holdings for these hands...

i'm really curious as i'm sure others are to see why you folded the sevens here.
Old 05-29-2005, 06:57 PM

Against all but the tightest I go down with the set in hand #1.

Hand #2, fine.
Old 05-29-2005, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you gave him credit for JJ/QQ in hand 1? He slowplayed a good set with an aggressive image and lots of players in the pot on one of the draw-heaviest boards imaginable? No (at least not if he's good). Looks like he has QJ or 22.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you not going to give him credit for a flopped set because he didn't bet the flop, but THEN say that QJ which is of almost the same value is something he WOULD check the flop with, this is inconsistent. Against Grandiose what Jason did I think is okay because the stacks are pretty deep and I don't think Grandiose is going to push the turn with less than a big set as a made hand, I think he doesnt go too crazy with 22 but maybe with an aggro image he expects to get action w worse hands. He could also have something like AKs or whatever, some kind of big draw on the turn, but I don't think he pushes with a made hand worse than 77.
Old 05-29-2005, 09:36 PM

How many players were dealt into the hand?
Old 05-29-2005, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand #2, fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Creed, I respect your posts very much and was wondering why you think this. Granted we all are loathe to build pots out of position against aggressive players, but it seems to me that if the opponent respected the OP's play at all, then betting the turn around 1/2-3/4 pot would protect against overcards which may lose the pot plus not get played back at too often with the board pairing low and the OP's hand being a mystery to his opponent. All he is teaching this opponent is that when he has position on the OP he can take all the free cards he likes while not risking a checkraise, but also steal/value bet the river at will also. Although as the hand was played I call the river as well, I wouldn't like it. Just curious to see why you would not bet in front on the turn?
Old 05-29-2005, 11:52 PM

Hand #1: In a multiway pot with a big drawing board, I would ALWAYS bet or raise with bottom set to see where I was and narrow the field. Mulitway hands are bad spots to be trapping. Even if he has AA/KK it is unlikely he would reraise you fearing QJs. As to what actually occurred, I'm with Doyle in his feeling that it is virtually impossible to get away from a set in a pot THAT WAS ORIGINALLY RAISED.

>>>>BN

isn't it asking for trouble to slowplay a set on a board with multi-draws, essentially giving the 3 opponents a free draw at you ???

i can think of many more hands an agressive player (or any player for that matter) could be on other than QQ or JJ from the cut off with only 2 limpers in front of him.

i just think this a pretty good spot to gamble. if you got this situation a thousand times, i think you'd be a big winner net.
Old 05-30-2005, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He bets 150, I make it 500 with 1600 behind and fold to his all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sh*t is bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S
Old 05-30-2005, 05:28 AM

i like your avatar of the big titted woman better