Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2005, 06:33 PM

Default 5/10 PP small pairs

Villian in this hand is 58/11.3/1.04 over 250 hands or so

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.
I feel like here he would have check raised if he did in fact hit the Q, smells like semi bluff. I call here planning to call a safe river card. He's not folding for one raise so I call hoping he might bluff on river should he miss, or I can fold a crappy river.

River: (7 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

BB is in this hand is 40/13.87/.45 over 150 hands or so

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls.
When he 3 bets I throw in the cap to disguise my hand and try and keep initiative.

Flop: (12 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.
Decent flop, I put him on AK or so. I just call to see if SB has any piece of this flop and not give BB the chance to 3 bet me should he have me beat.

Turn: (7 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.
Another safe card, I still call him here hoping he'll bet another river and I can just call down.

River: (9 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.
Puke, I figure he has AK up to this point. I hate this card, I'm about to fold but figure he could have possibly played AQ the same way. Bad call here? Should have given up earlier?

Final Pot: 11 BB

Comments? Results to follow.
Old 05-29-2005, 07:27 PM

Default Re: 5/10 PP small pairs

Hand 1 is tough, I probably call the turn with my tiny flush draw and 2 outs and the chance he checks the river. River looks like a safe fold though against a player who seems passive according to the numbers.

Hand 2 you have way overplayed your hand. I would have folded preflop, but if I had raised it, I would have just called the 3-bet. I guess I would make a play at this pot at somepoint, probably raising the flop to isolate with BB, but you have to put your opponent on a range of hands- not just AK.
Old 05-29-2005, 08:33 PM

If i'm calling the turn on hand one, the river changes nothing, like I said in my read, I didn't think he had a Q. His bet seems like a semi bluff, for example a big diamond.

hand 2:
I don't like the idea of making a play at this pot. I can beat a bluff, if he has me beat his isn't folding, and if he has a big pair JJ QQ KK AA he's going to 3 bet me most likely.
Old 05-29-2005, 08:39 PM

I think you overplayed both hands. Villian is a loose passive and keeps betting and raising.
Old 05-29-2005, 08:40 PM

is the preflop play in hand one standard?
Old 05-29-2005, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is the preflop play in hand one standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not for me, I rather just call and look at the flop before I commit to anything. 22 is not a favorite preflop. If the flop is 3 high cards I rather just fold on the flop.
Old 05-29-2005, 08:50 PM

Maybe i should take out the PT stats, they were not open at the time, and don't display the table dynamics at the time which lead to my actions on both hands.
Old 05-29-2005, 09:23 PM

Default Results

Hand 1: Villian shows A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Tx
Hand 2: Villian shows AQ
Old 05-29-2005, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't think he had a Q

[/ QUOTE ]

You're losing to a lot more than just a pair of queens. You have to consider that he may have a pair and be ahead or he may be on a semi-bluff like you assume.

The difference between the turn and river is on the turn you are drawing to a flush and your set outs, on the river your hand will never be more than a pair of 2's.