Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2005, 07:13 PM

Default Call two more with an OESD?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (9 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds, CO calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

I'll go ahead and bet the flop on the off-chance I can win it there... Pretty standard.

However, when it gets three bet back to me, I'm not quite sure where to go. I put them both on (1) club draw, (2) TP, (3) JJ, or (4) overpair - unlikely, but something to be concerned about. I'm not worried about J7 - these guys are bad, but not that bad... and if they are, I'll get my money back later.

So the question is... Did I carry on a little too far in calling the three-bet, or does this look ok?
Old 05-29-2005, 07:17 PM

Default Re: Call two more with an OESD?

I don't get it, you've got a powerful draw and a good backdoor draw. Why would you not call the flop? If you think CO can fold to the cap AND the SB will give you a free card, I'd think hard about it. nice hand. I'd think hard about the cap anyway, you've got tons of equity here.
Old 05-29-2005, 07:22 PM

That's kinda what I was thinking - which is why I called... The way I see it, a 3 or 8 make my hand and *nothing* these guys have can beat it.

Cap, eh? I'll have to think about that - never crossed my mind. Thanks for the input.
Old 05-29-2005, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So the question is... Did I carry on a little too far in calling the three-bet, or does this look ok?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's OK with the backdoor flush draw. You can figure six clean outs for the OESD and about 1.5 for the BDFD.