Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2005, 06:42 PM

Default Here\'s a fun one

CO in this hand has my attention. He hasn't been around very long, but his play it noticably LAGgy and I'm watching him closely as I have the best position on him.

- Hand 1: Posted and checked in BB, bet A37 flop (two suited) and got one caller, bet 9 turn (double flush draw), bet 6 river (no flush), got called down by J7s. Showed down 94o and won the pot.
- Hands 5-6: Raised preflop and got no callers
- Hand 7: Open-limped in MP, check-raised button's bet on K78 flop, let the turn and didn't get called.
- Hand 8: Raised UTG+1, bet QT8 (flush draw) flop, bet 5 turn, bet 7 river, and took the pot down with 55.
- Hand 12: Completed the small blind, checked 943 (flush draw) flop. Bet 5 turn, got two callers. Bet 3 river, got no callers.

This hand is hand 14 with him. (I know this and all the other hand numbers because I looked them up in the hand histories -- I don't have enough brain power to count every single hand I play with every villain out there.)

The original preflop raiser was also fairly new. I haven't noticed much from him. He seems to be a slightly loose passive type.

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero...
Old 05-29-2005, 06:46 PM

Default Re: Here\'s a fun one

I tend to just call here with AKo. Heads up against a maniac, easy cap. That third player keeps me grounded.
Old 05-29-2005, 06:46 PM

I call and set up a check/raise later.
Old 05-29-2005, 07:42 PM

I'm torn b/t calling and raising, because, although maniacs are, well, maniacs, they do tend to pay attention to what other people do in my experience. What do you cc3 here with? Not sure though. Just thinking out loud, I guess.

-Jaran
Old 05-29-2005, 07:45 PM

Call and check/raise the flop. It doesn't matter what cards come, you are check/raising it.

Brad
Old 05-29-2005, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call and check/raise the flop. It doesn't matter what cards come, you are check/raising it.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

What about a check-3bet?
Old 05-29-2005, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

What about a check-3bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Or that. The more I think about it, the more I like capping preflop. The best time for this play is when there is an EP raise, some coldcallers and then an LP 3-bet. In this case, all the limpers will have to call 3 more bets to see a flop. Getting this thing 3 handed would be sweet for our AK against an unknown and a LAG.

Now if we had AA, we could just call preflop and pray that everyone else puts in 2 more bets. Then we bet out (and hope to get 3-bets in) to get maximum value.

Brad
Old 05-29-2005, 11:39 PM

I went with the cold-call, looking to check-raise the flop line. The flop check-raise worked pretty well, folding out two of the players, including the original PFR. But now I've got a cold-caller and a LAG. What to do next?

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (16 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero...