Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2005, 12:52 AM

Default Re: AT in the BB faced with a push from the SB

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I'm really surprised at these answers. I think I fold this pretty quick. Although its possible that the SB has a weaker ace, I think a bigger ace is much more likely, as he is pushing for A LOT. I dont think he is putting over 10 big blinds here with a weak hand. I cant beleive that so many people would call this without a specific read on the SB as being loose. I think the BB would either be marginally ahead here, or way the hell behind.

PS: I dont care that he called with a coinflip and lost. I think usually this call wouldn't be so close.

[/ QUOTE ]

What would you do if you were in the SB (knowing that the blinds are going up next hand) with A2?
Old 05-28-2005, 02:54 AM

Option 1) Make it 80k, fold to an all in knowing that I am not getting 2-1 on my money , and im far worse than 2-1 to win.

2) Call, see what happens on the flop if big blind checks (sometimes i like playing poker with more than 2 cards-even if the blinds are ridiculous.) Or fold if he raises preflop.
Old 05-29-2005, 05:29 PM

Well, look at it from the villians perspective. Why would he risk all his chips with a hand as A9 or worse? Why not make a standard 4BB raise?

I would fold here in an instant, unless I knew he was a player who moved all-in with any-ace in these spots (and even then I might not want to gamble).