Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2005, 04:10 PM

Default KK & AA hand. I thought they were interesting

Sorry, not much to say about reads. I just sat down and on a new machine, so no PT or PV either. I will say the table is generally loose. (As you will see). I had been geting good raising hands earlier in the orbit so I may have the image of a loose aggressive player, myself.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG+1 posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 (poster) checks, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (16.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 16.75 BB

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds.

River: (14.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero folds...
Old 05-29-2005, 04:17 PM

Default Re: KK & AA hand. I thought they were interesting

Hand one is fine.
Hand two: there's pretty much no way to really protect your hand here. No one's folding to your bet, and you can't check-raise for sure (one person to act behind you).

I think I would play these the same way.
Old 05-29-2005, 04:40 PM

I bet the river in hand 1. Hand 2 is fine.
Old 05-29-2005, 04:45 PM

bet river in hand 1 due to position.

FOld in hand two is ok, Prob beat by flush most times and might be reraised.

Good stuff.
Old 05-30-2005, 05:05 AM

<font color="red">WARNING</font>: 2+2 newbie here. If I'm wrong, be gentle; if I'm right, it was an accident, I swear.

You might want to bet in Hand 1 if it gets a weak-tight player with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]/3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] to fold. With no reads, though, you can't know that, plus you might be check-raised by something like A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]/7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. If you have the best hand, you might earn three bets, but it's just as likely that whatever they were calling with either got wiped out by the river ace or helped out by the river ace. I'd take the free showdown and call it a hand.

Hand 2 . . . eesh. Even calling two cold, you're getting better than 8-1, but UTG waking up screams "I hit my flush" and BB might just reraise, in which case UTG would cap and you're looking at two cold again. I'd probably call, but that's because I'm a weenie who couldn't bear to let go of my precious aces.
Old 05-30-2005, 07:16 AM

OP said the table was generally loose. Hand 1: The pot is good sized, and I don't think A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] will fold before the river with four to the flush. I don't think an ace will fold the river to one bet either with that pot. I do agree on betting the river for value.
Old 05-30-2005, 09:24 AM

i'd play them both the same.
Old 05-30-2005, 09:29 AM

For all of you who said bet the river for value, what would be your plan if it was check-raised? BB screams busted flush draw, but it could have been the Ace high draw.
Old 05-30-2005, 01:00 PM

Good point. It depends a little on who check-raised I guess. If BB did it, and MP1 and MP2 both fold, I would probably call. If either MP1 or MP2 calls 2 cold I'm not calling. If MP2 check-raises with more than one caller he looks like he has the best hand, and I'm probably not calling. But to be honest I'm not quite sure what to do, the pot is pretty big.
Old 05-30-2005, 01:28 PM

I'd bet the river in hand one. Easy value bet. The river card didn't bring in flush or a new straight, and even if somehow has an ace they are very likely to simply call. The hero has played this hand very strongly (and correctly) up to this point, and I think most people will be far too afraid something like a set to try for a check-raise. I'd be much more worried if they had simply bet out the river.

Very very easy value bet IMO. If check-raised I'm calling here.