Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2005, 01:26 PM

Default AA with KQ on board

$1/2 - Hero is MP, UTG+2 is SLAP, MP+1 is LAA

Pre-Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 1 fold, UTG+2 raises, Hero 3-bets, MP+1 calls, 4 folds, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (15.5 SB) Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 bets, Hero raises, MP+1 calls, BB calls, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (10.5 BB) 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BB checks, UTG+2 bets, Hero raises, MP+2 3-bets, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (20.5 BB) T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, MP+2 bets, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Both opponents show KQo and split the pot.

Here's my analysis of what I should have done. Please comment if anyone sees something different.

I should have called the flopped bet since the board was so coordinated with so many opponents. Even though you would think you are ahead, your expectation goes way up if the turn is a blank. On the turn, my raise was correct, since the river was a blank, right? Then, do you let it go after the 3-bet on the turn? I think you call even though you're probably drawing to two outs. I also think calling the river for one bet was correct with an enormous pot even though I knew I had lost.
Old 05-29-2005, 01:27 PM

Default Re: AA with KQ on board

I think you played the hand perfectly, for what it's worth. Calling down from the turn 3bet is fine. Rockets won't hold up everytime. And you had 5 outs in this hand to beat KQ(3 fives, and two Aces). You can't fold on the turn.
Old 05-29-2005, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you played the hand perfectly, for what it's worth. Calling down from the turn 3bet is fine. Rockets won't hold up everytime. And you had 5 outs in this hand to beat KQ(3 fives, and two Aces). You can't fold on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-29-2005, 03:35 PM

I also think this is well-played, and I'll add in three more outs on the turn that Jakesta didn't mention (the 6's). Definitely call that turn. I'd cry and call on the river too.

(I also want to add how impressed I am that Jakesta has managed to rack up 200+ posts in, like, 2 days!)
Old 05-29-2005, 03:37 PM

Yes, you are right about the 6's. I forgot those.

So Hero has up to eight outs if he is behind(although some may be dirty because Villain may have two pair and he could boat up), and he could still be ahead.