Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2005, 01:09 AM

Default Is this a good idea?

Last year I was (what I would consider) an average player who didn't know half of what I do now thanks to 2+2 and all the books I've read. I've been playing for about 2 years now and year one was a disaster, I was down about 2500. Now, however, I am doing A LOT better, and am showing a modest profit overall. I have hit a nice rush of cards in the past month, allowing me to win some decent money. I am trying to build a healthy bankroll, not just for now but for the future also (I am 19). I decided to take $1000 of my profits and put it into a 3 month Certificate of Deposit. I plan on putting in another $1k asap. My thinking is that I can roll over 2-3k in CDs until I get out of college next year and that will leave me with a nice bankroll. I'm hoping to get about 5k together for next summer. I guess what I'm trying to ask is whether I should have all my money in the sites themselves or am I OK with, say, 2500 in CDs at the bank and $1500 for $5-5 NL, SNGs, etc. I think having the cash in the bank is a better idea for me bc my swings tend to be very high and I play shorthanded a lot. Any thoughts?