Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2005, 01:35 PM

Default If you could start over :-) (noob questions)

I have had a horrible 300bb downswing which wiped out my bankroll on Party [thanks readers, since I'm sure you helped do that to me :-)] and am now busted. The good news, is, I get to reevaluate how and where I want to aim my next deposit, whether it's prudent to do rakeback, change sites, multi-table, etc. Some facts about me...

I'm about a 1.3bb/100 player, though it's down lower with this downswing...this is over 43,000 hands (6 months)

I'm a taz 28/14/1.5 who alternated between 5/10 & 10/20. I find 10/20 frustrating as many players check-raise with almost anything and my fluctuations feel enormous (I won 250BB the month before, but withdrew it for medical reasons)

I usually keep 250 BB (5K) in my account.

I'm a single tabler but have dabbled in double tabling.

Questions:

1) Is it worth my while to sign up on Empire and do a rakeback program? Or do I have to sign up for a rakeback program first? Is there a thread on these things? The search function isn't clear for me...Rakeback sounds basically like found money if I'm going to be playing anyway...

2)What exactly IS a Party Skin? Is this just a tool to get past 4 tables at once?

3) If you have an account on Empire can you also play on Party with the same money? Is THAT what they mean by shell?

4) Am I keeping enough money in my account? Or is this likely a fluke? If I had never made a withdrawl I would have 500 big bets in there now an not be broke.

5) This is my first substantially losing month (out of 6) I've had. (though I have 5 days of play still :-) Can a 1BB/100 player expect this sort of thing? I played in B & M at 3/6 & 4/8 and generally won there too...

6) Multi-tabling seems to be the realm of TAA types and 2 BB players, since I am neither is multitabling not wise at this point?

The main reason I wrote was to get info about rakebacks & party skins, but then I got going...noob mistake! :-)Thanks for any imput.
Old 05-27-2005, 01:42 PM

Default Re: If you could start over :-) (noob questions)

[ QUOTE ]

Questions:

1) Is it worth my while to sign up on Empire and do a rakeback program? Or do I have to sign up for a rakeback program first? Is there a thread on these things? The search function isn't clear for me...Rakeback sounds basically like found money if I'm going to be playing anyway...

2)What exactly IS a Party Skin? Is this just a tool to get past 4 tables at once?

3) If you have an account on Empire can you also play on Party with the same money? Is THAT what they mean by shell?

4) Am I keeping enough money in my account? Or is this likely a fluke? If I had never made a withdrawl I would have 500 big bets in there now an not be broke.

5) This is my first substantially losing month (out of 6) I've had. (though I have 5 days of play still :-) Can a 1BB/100 player expect this sort of thing? I played in B & M at 3/6 & 4/8 and generally won there too...

6) Multi-tabling seems to be the realm of TAA types and 2 BB players, since I am neither is multitabling not wise at this point?

The main reason I wrote was to get info about rakebacks & party skins, but then I got going...noob mistake! :-)Thanks for any imput.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Absolutely. Limit players benefit most from rakeback (relative to SNG or NL players). At 5-10 6max it will add an effective 0.5BB/100 to your winrate. Check the classifieds on this site for offers.

2. Party skins like empire essentially have the same ring games and regular SNGs as Party, but their own MTTs.

3. No, separate accounts. Actually, according to the brand new Party T&C, you aren't supposed to have accounts at multiple skins.

4. You are probably a little light, especially if you aren't willing to step down to 5-10 when you take a substantial hit.

5. Swings happen. They suck. Feels like you'll never win again, that maybe your game has gone to [censored], or the fish have left. They do end.
Old 05-29-2005, 12:35 AM

Default Re: If you could start over :-) (noob questions)

I would love to see a post about ROR rates for a say

2BB per 100 winrate

at

300BB
400BB
500BB
600BB
700BB

Any help?

-SFWUSC